Connecting Wii to Onkyo Receiver TX-SR705

JEFFBAYLUN

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fear and Loathing, Ohio
Hello everyone, this is my first post on wiichat.com, please be gentle :aureola:

Today I bought an Onkyo Receiver TX-SR705. It's pretty nice and whatnot, but so far I've been unsuccessful at connecting my Wii.

I have the Wii Component cables and my attempts at connecting both the video wires and stereo wires have only rendered the typical start menu sound of the Wii but no video, just a bright blue screen.

I would plug the video source into my T.V. if it wasn't full and if the receiver couldn't up-convert. I have the Component Video In1 and Out filled with my DVD player, here's a picture of what the back looks like.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/avr...705-Gallery/Onkyo-TX-SR705-Rear---Closeup.htm

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what I should do.

do you have the correct red ends in the right spots?
you may have the 2 mixed up.

I don't know if this is the problem or not but my receiver won't convert between connection types (composite, svideo, component, etc.). If the input is composite, the output is only available on the composite output. If the input is svideo, the output is only available on the svideo output. So I have to run all the possible outputs from the receiver to the TV. Then I have to tell the TV which video input to display (video 1, video 2, video 3, etc.).

If you've already got all the necessary connections to your TV, it may just be a matter of cycling through the different inputs (with the TV's remote control) until you see the Wii's video.

Alright, I plugged it into input 2 and switched the "Input/Output" settings so now the Wii works like a charm. Thank you everyone for your help:smilewinkgrin:

Back