Connecting Wii via Scientific Atlantic and Imac

John F

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Hi, Merry Xmas and happy New Year to all Wii gamers!

Over here in England it is Boxing Day. Yesterday Santa dropped a brand new Wii down the chimney. Number 3 son is saying "Dad, Dad it can connect to the internet! Dad, connect it to the internet, please Dad!" Kids, who'd have em?

So, a search shows that the non wireless adaptor is not available. I am also unable to find any information about connecting the Wii via my Apple Imac (Intel).

The Apple is connected to the 'net via a cable router Scientific Atlantic EPC2100 which has a spare usb (Looks like a printer port connection) port.

Has anybody any ideas how I can connect the Wii via this setup, keep number 3 son happy and have a peaceful New Year - pretty please?

All the best John F http://www.wiichat.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif

OK, here's what you want to do...

Click the Apple menu, and choose "system preferences"
click "Sharing"
click "Internet"
choose to share connection from Built-in ethernet (or however your current connection is set up), and check "AirPort" in the list.
Click "Start"

That is how you share the connection from your Mac (if you search for an access point on the Wii, there will be one labeled "[your name]'s Computer" I just tried this for myself, and couldn't connect, so you'll have to get help from someone else for the settings, but that will work to get the connection there.

Hi registerednerd
Thanks a lot for your help, I'm quite new to computers and the imac in particular so your instructions were a great help.
I followed your info and found exactly what you did and got an error code 52030, tho' i'm not sure what this means.

Are there any other experts out there who can help or point me in the right direction please?

John F

I will be moving away from my current location, to my flat down in plymouth, on the weekend. and i shall be trying this then, if i manage to sort this out, i shall let you know.

Back