Connecting Wii w/ D Link Router

TRUEST ONE

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
Greetings fellow gamers! I have major issues that I need help with. Anyone use the DGL 4300 from D Link with their Wii? I got my Wii on launch day and performed the first update. Now, I cannot access the Virtual Console until I perform another update...problem is....the Wii connects to my access point, but won't download the update. I called Nintendo, got an advance replacement Wii and the same problem. Ok, Ok...I changed the channel on my router, i've updated my firmware, ive tweaked my firewall settings. I've done EVERYTHING the FOUR technicians at Nintendo have asked me to do, but NO resolving my issue. Again, it connects to my network @ 54mbps with 100%signal strength. Anyone use this gaming router with their Wii?:mad2:

Two things to try:
Try going simple and removing ALL security. This worked with mine, so I knew then it was a router settings problem, and not a Wii problem. You may not wanna keep it unsecure, so you build up from there. In my case, I live in the country where nobody could steal my connection.
If that doesn't work, try using it at a friend's house with wireless, then you'll have a better idea if it's your console or router.
Essentially, take a deductive approach and try to eliminate possible causes one at a time, from simplest to most complex.

Thanks for the heads up ... i'm gonna try the suggestions you fellow gamers pointed out. i know it has to be the settings on my router, although I did go back to default and tried with no luck. funny thing is...the first update downloaded with NO problems, so I'm not sure why the settings need to be different now. I'll update everyon if I'm successful...

ok, im not an expert on routers etc but i have had trouble in the past with setting up a wirless network at home, until i got the "Thomson SpeedTouch 585" router, and its worked realy well so if people were thinkin of gettin a router with wi-fi in mind id recommend that or similar.

Okay...so I got home from work...and as usual I try to mess around with my Wii to fix my problem. Fired it up and connected to my access point like it always does. After it connected I expected the update screen to turn into an error code, when all of a sudden...it started downloading the update. I did nothing different than I usually do. I didn't change any settings. Not sure what happened, but now everything works like it did on launch day. I have to send my other Wii back to nintendo since they had sent me an advance replacement console. I'll be glad to help anyone who has any questions...thanks for those who tried to help me out. I appreciate it...:smilewinkgrin:

probably was a port that's being blocked by your firewall. i'd put the wii on the DMZ channel to prevent this from happening again

Back