Connecting Wireless Router to the Wii

BIG MONEY

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2006
Indianapolis, Indiana
Wii Online Code
8463-4087-6135-8251
Okay here's the problem, I can usually get stuff like this but not today. But anyways, I want to connect my wii to a wireless network or router, but I just don't know where to start. So, if anybody can tell the steps to connecting my wii wirelessly, I thank you very much.

BIG MONEY said:
Okay here's the problem, I can usually get stuff like this but not today. But anyways, I want to connect my wii to a wireless network or router, but I just don't know where to start. So, if anybody can tell the steps to connecting my wii wirelessly, I thank you very much.
it really ought to be a simple as:-

1. configure wifi network to allow Wii access (add Wii MAC address if necessary)
2. get hold of the WEP or preferably for security measures, the WPA key.
3. enter the Wii settings/options.
4. locate "internet"
5. select new "wireless" connection.
6. browse and locate wifi network.
7. enter WEP or WPA key
8. confirm
9. test connection.
10. done......

invariably it's never as simple as that....you *might* experience one of the
many "error" codes which the Wii is fond of coughing up....then again, you
might be lucky and connect first time.

Error Code 32004 is my personal, special friend. Let's hope you never meet him. ;)

I've a Speedtouch 585 router and am having trouble connecting to my Wii.

I search for access point, select my router, enter the WPA password, then it runs a connection test then comes back with an error code (52132) saying unable to connect. My first thought was the firewall but ive switched my pc firewall off and am still having problems.

I dont know how to enter my Wii's MAC code (or where in fact)

Any help would be much appreciated :yesnod:

it's not your pc fire wall i can tell you that your not entering the wep code in right or it is not leting because the router cant talk to the wii right get a wi-fi adaptor

Cheers Jake, though its not what i wanted to hear!!.. really don't want to have to use a wi-fi adaptor with my router, it seems like it defeats the object of having a wireless router.

Thanks for your help anyway fella

Back