Connecting wirelessly in a hotel room?

dewallac

WiiChat Member
Jun 19, 2007
I'm thinking about bringing my Wii to a hotel room for a two-week stay. The hotel has free high-speed wireless Internet in the rooms. Do you think I would have any problems connecting to the wireless in the room? Nintendo said it may be complicated with the hotel's setup, and the hotel person said to just connect to Skyriver, although she didn't know much about it.

I don't think you will have too much trouble connecting. But you may need to enter a password of some sort if prompted to do so.

They might redirect all web access to a login page. If you plan to use the Wii online make sure to open internet channel and browse the internet before hand to click the login button.

I'm curious though, why take all the trouble to get the Wii online instead of your laptop?

I was going to do this too. I don't expect to have trouble with this. I am surprised people haven't posted about this before.

When I went to a hotel in America the DS picked up the signal but it couldn't connect but it will probably be different in your hotel.

Probably because the DS uses WEP protection, and most places now use WPA protection or some such thingy. Also, I dunno if the DS can go onto an unprotected wireless internet???

Back