Connection Error 50100

WiiMeInLO

WiiChat Member
Apr 22, 2007
I can't seem to get connected. I have a Linksys WRT54G ver 6 router in mixed mode, no WEP, and have various PCs, Xbox 360, and other devices connected successfully. The Wii can see the broadcast network SSID (when I broadcast it, but I usually don't), so it can get that far, to the router. But when I set up all the networking settings, it immediately (in a fraction of a second) fails the connection test with error code 50100. I have tried channels 1 and 11 (rather than 6), to no effect. I am entering all the settings manually, not using DHCP or broadcast SSID (normally, other than the test mentioned above). I have checked and triple checked these entries and all seems correct. The Wii sits near the Xbox 360, which is successfully connected (with all the same settings except for IP) with good signal. Any ideas? Any help or suggestions much appreciated!

Update - no progress, really, but...

Some info for anyone interested. I have contacted the Wii Wi-Fi support team, gone through re-enterring all those connection settings on the Wii, updated my router to the latest firmware (not much of an upgrade, but still...), and still have the same failure code: 50100. Because that error comes up quickly, the first layer of support thinks there's something wrong with the connection settings, but I've tried variations with each settings and still get the same error code. So now I have a "callback" request with the Nintendo folks, so some network expert should call within the next 5 days.

Does no one else out there have this problem?

I got the same problem, although i used to have a perfect connection i don't know why it has stopped.

You said you arent using DHCP, when entering the IP information manually did you specify the default gateway and subnet mask properly? Do you have your router configured to block access to the internet for all IPs except those you have manually allowed?

Back