Connection Help

Error code 205928

Help. I was able to update the Wii twice. No problem with connectivity. When i try to go to the virtual console channel, I am able to get to the screen where it says "Welcome... here you can download NES, SNES, N64 games etc....

Then I can get to the screen where it says sign in or continue with out signing in. No matter what i choose i get Error 205928. Can anyone help out with this?

I had this same exact error code. called the nintendo repair told them the code and that i did the channel 1 and 11 on my router reformatted the memory and so on. instantly said i would get the advance replacment. he explained to me that the first update you download when you plug in the wii is a firmware update. apparantly it is causing some wii's to become confused once they connect to a router hence the connection test lag followed by an error code.

I kept getting (if I remember correctly) the 220620 or something very similar. I could download updates, but could not access the shop or wiiconnect24. So I bought a longer telephone line and placed the dsl gateway directly next to the system, and it worked. Undoubtedly while trying to accept the user agreements it times out easily. I'll move the gateway back to where it was and hopefully it will continue doing the WiConnect24.

ok I have made it past 209600 once or twice but then i get error 209576. I hate the support nintendo has it is impossible to reach them by phone and 2 days for email is a waste of time too. Does anyone know what either of these mean?

I've done everything I could but I keep getting 'error 51030'. I've updated my firmware, i've created a WEP, I put the MAC number from the Wii into the router settings, i changed the wireless channel from 6 to 1 (i also tried 11), i put wireless mode as 'Mixed' and I unchecked any security options.

I also restarted my computer and the Wii. And yet I keep getting the same error over and over again.

Can someone please help ?

Should I uncheck everything under Security- Firewall ? And which is better for Wii, WEP or WAP ?

krnk123 said:
error 52030. I am trying to connect the Wii online via wireless through apples base stations. The Wii is able to find the base station as an access point and everything works fine until the connection test.

I had the same error code. Oddly enough, I made a few changes to my router and access point, and viola, instant WIFI!

I do not have an apple so this is for you Windows users.
First I disabled my firewall. (I am going to try and turn it back on now that my update has happened to see if that was the biggest issue)
Next, I chaged my WIFI Channel to 1. I use Channel 6 when I set up clients WIFI systems, mostly because no one ever uses it.
I verified my DHCP pool, I have mine start at 10 and it goes to 50, so I could set it up on the Wii.
I then followed the set up instruction to manually configure my Wii with a Static IP address. I also use WPA Encryption on my Wireless Access point so nobody in my building can steal my cable feed wirelessly so I had to input the WPA Code (64 Bit encryption).
Here's a link. | Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii
Worked like a charm. I hate to say it, but I think Nintendo had a great idea to have a WIFI antenna built into the wii but, I can see them having major issues with returned Wii's because people just can't figure out how to set up Wireless networking systems. Good Luck everyone, and happy gaming.

Last edited:
Update to my post directly above!
I made my firewall active again, tested connection, and viola! instant gratification!

It works just fine while leaving it on.
And for those looking for a Wireless Router that is known to work, I am using a Linksys WRT54GX Firmware Version: 1.02.10

Last edited:
Back