Connection Help

Tear =( i cant update but my wii shop and internet things still work is somthing wrong with the updater??

Has anyone else had problems with IP Address ranges and the Wii not wanting to use them? I have troubleshot for about 12 hours today including a call to Wii Support trying to get my wireless working. After trying everything else, I finally reset my Linksys Router to factory default. Wii got a DHCP address and worked like a charm on the 192.168.1.X "default" IP Range. I was like "wooo hooo!" and got the service update.

BUT, the problem is that my work requires me to use the 169.254.x.x range (long story) but I must use that if I want to be able to be connected to my VPN and still print to my local network. So if I go into my Linksys router and the ONLY (and i mean ONLY) thing I change is the IP address range from 192.168.1.x to 169.254.1.x, then go scan again, the Wii finds the Access point, but then errors with the 51230 or whatever it is when i "test the connection". If I go change the address back to the 192.168.1.x, then rescan the Wii, it works.

I would think the IP Address wouldnt matter but it appears as tho' the Wii doesnt like certain ranges. Has anyone else seen this? It is quite irritating.

Thanks,

dave

okay.. my prob is i had my wii internet running fine..
and i went to www.isketch.net with it and it froze..
so went to the wii menu using the remote..
and then it froze still so i restarted it..
and tried to go back on the internet and it didnt work..
i can get send messages and go on the weather and the news no problem..
i can also sometimes get one wii shop channel but sometimes the error 052030 pops up..
so i deleted the internet channel and went back on wii shop and downloaded it.. but it just wont let me on..
it sometimes says unable to connect.. and more recently just takes me straight back to the wii menu..
i have no clue what to do..?
help!?

heeeeeelp!
Iv just bought a LAN adapter for my wii and hooked it up and all that, and it says error code: 52020 every time i try and connect to the internet which is really frustrating!

please help if you can..

i need Info on error code 51030 plz!

my DS works just fine on it But for some reason my Wii doesnt!
My dad thinks its something to do with the Wep Key
is there a prefix for a 16 digit hexadecimal wep key?

I keep getting error 32004, the connection test is fine but when it tries to update it keeps showing this message. Help!!

Okay my Wii used to connect fine for a long time. but then I noticed it was disconnected and wouldnt get back on.. I figured I wait it out. At the same time I stopped playing my wii for about 1 and a half weeks. when i started it back i rememberd something whas up with my internet. I rechecked my wireless router, restarted the router and even tried to login with no security password or anything. i am getting eerror code 51230. i can see my own wireless connection and everything. my wii just doesnt connect, wtf gives?

Error Messages

I'm having problems connecting to the internet.

We've tried using the Access Point setup and Manual setup, but when it comes to testing the connection all we're getting is error messages saying we're unable to conntect to the internet.

Any help would be appreciated because we're on the verge of bursting into floods of tears. :lol:

Nexys said:
I'm having problems connecting to the internet.

We've tried using the Access Point setup and Manual setup, but when it comes to testing the connection all we're getting is error messages saying we're unable to conntect to the internet.

Any help would be appreciated because we're on the verge of bursting into floods of tears. :lol:
try changing channesl to 1 or 11
and whos we?

Hi all, also getting error code 52130, used to connect fine all along until 2 weeks ago, when it now connects it knocks out our internet and just wont connect...??

so freeking confusing.. it sees the wireless connection fine but wont connect..

please help..

thanks

Error 51330

I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get it working yesterday, I've manually tried to set it up, automatically, tried MAC filtering, static IP, changed channels (1 and 11), moved my wii nearer the router, took off the security.. and nothing is working

I just don't understand. I'm using a Linksys WAG54GS router.

Interesting, mine worked fine on our wireless network until about 2 or 3 weeks ago then just suddenly stopped. Odd that this is happening to so many people. Call tech support and tell them about it. They'll just tell you to buy the Nintendo brand LAN adapter or to buy a more expensive router, but at least they'll have the problem documented and maybe see a pattern of some sort.

I bought a Datel LAN adapter from Best Buy and it wouldn't work either, ordered the Nintendo LAN adapter and it won't work through my router, but works fine straight into the cable modem. Sounds like I just need a new router, but if I had known that for sure, I never would have bought the LAN adapter.

What a wild goose chase! If Nintendo dropped the ball anywhere with the Wii, it was putting in BlueTooth instead of true WiFi and making you buy the adapter when all they had to do was put an ethernet port on the box. :mad2:

I managed to finally get it working, I disabled my security (WPA2, i've heard nintendo wii doesn't always like it) and enabled MAC filtering which a friend of mine who works with computers all day and does it for a living, says that MAC filtering gives you the same type of security as I was using before. I put in my PC MAC, Laptop and Wii on the filter, put it on channel one and hey presto it worked.

Back