Connection Help

Raze are you possibly using DSL???

cause DSL requires a login/Pass when you connect and you can't put that in your Wii... you have to manually put that info into your router.

that might be your problem (it was mine for about 20 minutes lol)

Raze, you may also want to make sure you put your WEP key in correctly. All Caps is typically what you have to do on a Linksys. It is case sensitive.

So I go to wireless connection. Search for an access point. Choose my wireless connection. Put the WEP key in. The Wii tests the connection. It says :::The connection was successful. Your Wii will now be automatically updated.::: It starts to download the update, but the red progress bar near the bottom of the screen never moves. Then I get the message :::Error code 32002. Unable to perform the Wii system update because of an Internet error. Please try again later. Visit support.nintendo.com for assistance.::: Then I click :::OK::: and it takes me back to the channel select screen.

Registration error

I'm having a problem registering the wii in the wii message board. i have the 16 digit number but get an error stating that i am not able to register this number.

Please help!

Warbs87 - you get it when you go to the message board, it shows it somewhere in there.

Devilxier said:
Raze are you possibly using DSL???

cause DSL requires a login/Pass when you connect and you can't put that in your Wii... you have to manually put that info into your router.

that might be your problem (it was mine for about 20 minutes lol)

Just to clearify this a bit more. DSL does not require a Username/Pass, PPPOE DSL requires a username/pass. If you have PPPOE DSL you will need a router of some sort to handle the PPPOE. Then that device (wireless or wired) sends DHCP address to the Wii. If you have regular DHCP DSL then you could plug your DSL modem straight into your Wii and it would handle the DHCP, But then the Wii would be the ONLY thing connecting to your DSL.

I wish I would have writen down the codes so I could help but I was getting an error connecting to my Netgear router. It would collect all my WEP info and then fail on test. I believe I was using the wrong WEP info though. I had to log into my router and get my WEP key and plug that into the Wii. After that no problem.

For Raze origional post:

fuseman13 said:
Raze, you may also want to make sure you put your WEP key in correctly. All Caps is typically what you have to do on a Linksys. It is case sensitive.

That is a great place to start.

-Bobby

Last edited:
I was able to get my Wii and my Westell Versalink dsl modem/router 2-in-1 thing to recognize each other right away. The Wii found the network and I plugged in the WEP key. It took a few tries to get the update to complete, but eventually it worked. However, after that I couldn't connect to the Shopping Channel. Wednesday, it actually worked great and I was able to check out all the virtual games for sale. Sadly, that was the only time it worked. And I didn't even buy anything!!

What I'm wondering is, why is everyone getting replacement systems??? I just assumed that Nintendo would release an update when these errors are fixed, er sumthin. Does anyone know if that's the case or not? It'll be so sad if I have to trade my Wii... We just formed our bond!

I received my new WII today and it goes online. But when I try to copy my saved games from my SD card to my new WII it blocks me. So I get to go through a new annoyance with this. It seems that you cannot transfer saved games from one WII to another...fun

I'm getting an error code 52230 "Unable to connect to the server" However I know my wii is pulling an IP as I can ping it.

Config: linksys WCG200 ver.2 802.11b/g channel 6. My network uses mac authentication and I do have the wii mac address properly entered.

Back