Connection Help

i get the same error, 52230, i tried changing the channel to both 1 and 11, but the only difference was i got error 52231 once.

if u figure this out, please let me know

Link428 said:
i get the same error, 52230, i tried changing the channel to both 1 and 11, but the only difference was i got error 52231 once.

if u figure this out, please let me know
It's looking like this is a firewall issue. When I turn the firewall off, I'm able to connect to the internet. Putting the Wii in the DMZ doesnt seem to help any though. Honestly, needing a direct internet connection is a defect as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking into what the Wii is doing with that unlimited connection and will hopefully have a more complete answer in the future.

I'm getting error code 52730.

I can connect to my wireless router, but the problem is...it says that another device is on the same ip address.

So I followed THESE instructions off the Nintendo website and it said to add 10 to the end of my ip. I did that and I'm still getting the same error message.

Any ideas?

Im getting error code 050420. It says please confirm Internet settings. The thing that confuses me is I can download updates and things. I just can't connect to the Store Channel. I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector.

Marty, just add one or 2 to the IP

on my mac(intosh), adding ten didn't work, adding one did.

Yeh, there are tons of messages like this all over forums.nintendo.com. However, there are at least 4 different versions of the BEFW11S4. Mine is a v2 and I'm wondering if anyone else is able to successfully connect. I'm able to connect with my DS and various laptops. I've never had trouble connecting anything to this router before. Also, I'm an IT professional and fairly familiar with these things so I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of and everything suggested here on the forums

I tried:
- Changing the router channels
- I'm already on the latest firmware (v 1.45.10 for my router)
- Reset the router to factory settings
- Powered off the router
- Set up the Wii manually with all of the correct settings for IP, subnet, gateway, dns, etc.

I think one of the root problems here is that the error messages tell us nothing and they do not differentiate between the individual messages on the support site. It gives broad suggestions for ranges of error codes. Grrrrr!

I've seen my Wii get an IP address--it shows up in the DHCP table, but I cannot get past those errors (51330, 51331, 52130, 52230)! This all happpened last night so I'm HOPING that something on Nintendo's side was down. However, it would be nice to know if I am getting to the internet but not connecting to the server or if I am never getting to the internet. I think I got to the internet at least once because the 52230 specifically said I was unable to connect to the server, whereas the other errors mentioned not being able to connect to the internet. However, there was no rhyme or reason why it would've worked THAT time and no other times.

So my ultimate questions are:
1) Is anyone connecting using a BEFW11S4 v2 (this is printed on the bottom of the router) with firmware version 1.45.10?
2) If so, did you have to do anything special?\
3) Can anyone decode any of the error messages above?

THANKS!

mrdctaylor, I've been trying all that stuff too to get back into the store. I know I have a good connection as I 'm able to send and receive email from the silly thing, have you been able to use this feature? This is so frustrating. I get error codes 209600 & 209601.

Well, it is working now. I wish I knew why! I did a hard reset to factory settings (using the button on the back of the router) as opposed to doing it via the browser-based tool. I got it to connection test ok after that, but I got a 32004 error when it tried to download the update. I changed the router's channel from 1 to 11 and then it worked. Weird.

Weird, mine just started working too. I had been testing the connection, and hit the update thing after the test for the heck of it...an update kicked in...after installing, the Wii told me it now had Parental controls or some such. I then tried the store...got right in. ummm...ok.

Yeh, I'm beginning to think that there are things going on on Nintendo's servers that are making people think their connections are bad. Obtuse error messages only add to the problem.

Back