Connection!?!?!

IgotEm

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2007
Would i still be able to play wii online with verizon DSL modem as my router? dont got a wii yet but wondering if i can get online with the internet i got

yeah you can!

all you need is some way to connect the modem to ur wii

options are
a.) any kind of wireless router (stay away from belkin)
b.) a Wii Lan adapter (if the wii is close to ur modem)
c.) USB Wi-fi connector (i heard some problems with these but it mostly works)

Thanks! but does it come with an ethernet i can connect to my modem?

Nah it doesnt. Youll also need the LAN USB Adapter because theres no plug on the wii that you can connect the ethernet cable to =X.

Thanks again

And I'm about to get the wii tomorrow..what game should i get first? i HATE gh3 so dont say IT!!! im thinkin mario galaxy or something else?

:lol: :ciappa: :ciappa: :lol: :mad5: :cool: :yikes: :sick: :lol: :aureola: :lol: :wtf: :wtf: :mad5: :smilewinkgrin: :scared: :wink: :aureola: :O :crazy: :O :shocked: :wtf: :scared: :yesnod: :wink:

can you help? i connected and updated but it won't do anything else.except tell me to agree to the user service agreements.what am i doing wrong?

@IGOTEM

The Wii has built-in WiFi (802.11G). If you want to use Ethernet, I believe you will need a USB Ethernet adapter. I just got my Wii and am really enjoying WiiSports (somewhat surprising for such a basic included game) and Zelda: TP (highly recomended if you like Adventure/RPG). I do also have Super Mario Galaxy (hear it is a superb game) and believe you can't go wrong buying this (assuming you enjoy 3-D platform games). You might also consider Metal of Honor Heroes 2 (a good World War 2 shooter that also happens to be the only online 32 player game (no offline multiplayer though)).

@VWGURU

I would suggest creating a new topic on your issue to see if you can get more help, however I'm not sure if it is a case of not clicking the right thing to accept the agreement or if it is that you need to go to the WiiWare section and download Wether, News, etc.

yeah definitely, I have Verizon DSL (temporarily til FIOS comes in), and I just got a wireless router from then, it works perfectly and I get a great connection for my Wii :)

IgotEm said:
Would i still be able to play wii online with verizon DSL modem as my router? dont got a wii yet but wondering if i can get online with the internet i got

You say you have a DSL modem that is also your router? Do you have more than one PC in the house sharing your internet connection? I ask this becasue sometimes, depending on where you live and ISP may use different equipment. So there is a chance that you have a Modem/Router and not just a stand alone Modem. What make and model is your modem? You might be in luck and may not need a USB Ethernet adapter and or a wireless router. Don't get your hopes up though! I got my fingers crossed for ya...

Back