Considering DS

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
Hey guys im considering buying a DS but want to know a few things first and thought itd be best to ask here as i trust you as experienced gamers over what i read on websites.

Just want to know how the multiplayer works,does it connet to my wifi router along with my wii? and then just swap game codes and you can play online? can you play outside of your own region? (i.e. im in new zealand and none of my mates own a DS so could i play people from this forum in the US or UK?)

also want to know how decent the graphics and gameplay are, have played a PSP and was impressed (however last handheld i owned was a yellow pokemon edition gameboy,a good 6-7 years ago)

Also what games would you recomend?

1. Just want to know how the multiplayer works,does it connet to my wifi router along with my wii? and then just swap game codes and you can play online? can you play outside of your own region? (i.e. im in new zealand and none of my mates own a DS so could i play people from this forum in the US or UK?)

Answer: The DS will connect online using your wireless router and you will be required to swap friend codes to play online games together. You can play your friends from anywhere in the world. You can also play random people without friend codes in some games like MK online.

2. also want to know how decent the graphics and gameplay are, have played a PSP and was impressed (however last handheld i owned was a yellow pokemon edition gameboy,a good 6-7 years ago)

Answer: The graphics are more than decent. DS graphics are not superior to the PSP graphics but it has great graphics for its games. The game-play varies from game to game.

3. Also what games would you recomend?

Answer: I would recommend a few:
Mario Kart (online)
Animal Crossing (online)
Metriod Prime (online)
New Super Mario Bros

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Eagles said:
You don't need Friend Codes for all DS games, for example you can play random people online in Mario Kart DS.
Yeah, but he also wants to play his friends as well. But thanks for reminding me.

Yeah there 2 ways:

- Typing in a friend code to play someone specificly [Other side of the world]
- The game will automatically put you into a game with other players

Get a DS!!!

Good games:

New Super Mario Bros.
Star Fox Command
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Mario Kart DS

Those are some of the best DS games i own.

Maybe Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, but I don't own either game

thanks heaps guys,will probly get one in a few months when i have the cash (i.e. when i stop impulse buying wii games everytime i walk past EB games lol) had a look on ign so i think ill def. get mario cart,metriod and i love the looks of sonic rush so that too

As far as the graphics go, I'd say... close to N64. But it's a small system powering two screens, so you can't expect too much. But with nintendo's creative art directers, you can always be assured the graphics on their games look great, despite a low polygon count. Nintendo doesn't use polys that much anyway, which is great because I prefer a hand drawn look to games.

Yeah I agree with Adamquest, your basically looking at Nintendo 64 graphics, well thats what Mario Kart DS reminded me of anyway :) !

I think Diddy Kong Racing shows how similar the graphics are to the N64, but like Adamquest said it is a small machine but dont always go for graphics, i mainly go for gameplay, graphics come second for me

sorry guys one last Q, i assume the DS is free to get online, no subscriptions or anything?

Back