Console Lifetime..

turtle112

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2007
well i own all 3 sytems and im on my third 360 since launch and im wondering if anyone thinks the wii will have any issues..and the ps3 as well for that matter..all i know is its bad enough to pay 299 for a core 360 but 500 for a ps3...eghhh..just wondered

No problems with my Wii yet and I don't have a PS3 sorry
The Wii can't over heat so it's quite impossible to have issues.

good news to here..ever since 360 i think people are scared of there console dying...which is validated buy 360's dropping like north korea's nukes

I know a guy who has a PS3. He works at Gamestop. His PS3 hasn't had any problems yet. But ALL demo PS3 booths have broken down in my mall and I still don't see replacements. Sony made the worst booth ever. It melts the PS3 inside.

i have never had a problem with any system i've ever owned ever. but you always take a risk when buying any kind of electronic hardware. But i haven't had a single problem with any of my systems. i'm still playing on systems i got 15 years ago. i suspect the same will ring true with my wii and 360.

I heard alot of 360's break over heating main issue "red ring of death" I heard only a few ps3 broke down same true for Wii I always wait awhile so they get all the bugs out of them before I buy.

You usally wont have any problems with a console if you look after it well. If your always dropping it and hitting it etc it wont be good for it.

i looked after my second 360 like it was platinum...i only had it for 2 months then DEAD and i NEVER move it...i still think for some reason MS didnt do there homework,and when you send yours in to get fixed.they just send you a refurbished one that COULD even be older then yours..=(

I think my Wii actually overheated twice and froze, I accidentally closed the cabinet and the power adapter is right behind it too. Has anyone else's Wii froze?

the wii doesn`t have problems but a friend of my who has a 360 says that if you put the 360 in a close place or in a very thight spot the 360 gets overheated =S

The systems usually give warning signs. They may make funny noises, randomly stop working. My PS2 disk tray is starting to make noises when opening up and closing. My PS2 controller times out sometimes. The rest of my systems still work great. If the PS3 is like the PS2, Xbox it has a life span of 5 years max.

DC 2-5 years
Xbox- 6months-5 years
PS2- 1-5 years
I own a NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, DC, PS1, PS2, Turbo Graphix 16, Atari 2600, Game Boy Color, Wii.

ps2 - i never had a problem with my ps2 version 3

xbox 360 - never had a problem with my xbox 360 (keep it in a open space not locked in a cabinet) it was dated march/2006

ps3 - my ps3 i bought on launch date froze on me after 4-5 hours of gaming.

wii - controler b button broke...and fixed it self after i smashed it around

Back