Console Sales

El Jefe

Wii-Man
Jan 8, 2007
Iowa
Wii Online Code
8349-6458-1513-1947
I just checked http://nexgenwars.com/ and the Wii sales jumped from 3.6 mil to 3.7 mil. The PS3 however hasn't budged in sales. They're not selling, anywhere. This is not due to lack of supply. There's another reason for this.

El Jefe said:
I just checked http://nexgenwars.com/ and the Wii sales jumped from 3.6 mil to 3.7 mil. The PS3 however hasn't budged in sales. They're not selling, anywhere. This is not due to lack of supply. There's another reason for this.

If you believe that site, can I interest you in a dvd disk rewinder? It will work with wii games.

Wii&Ps3 said:
If you believe that site, can I interest you in a dvd disk rewinder? It will work with wii games.
So you've got a better source? Show me the link.

The only source is sony themselves. Even they dont have an exact number, unless every single store reported to them what they sold.

I guess nobody wants the ps3 since its almost doubled what the 360 sold at launch :lol: I bet sony will sell 6 million by april easily.

Wii&Ps3 said:
The only source is sony themselves. Even they dont have an exact number, unless every single store reported to them what they sold.

I guess nobody wants the ps3 since its almost doubled what the 360 sold at launch :lol: I bet sony will sell 6 million by april easily.
IF! they can keep up with demand. The sales might not be accurate to the exact number, but it is where the standings are. XBox360 is in the lead. The Wii is quickly gaining. And PS3 sales are not doin so hot. It's too expensive, and it's true that there just aren't enough good PS3 only titles.

I guess if almost doubling mocrosoft at launch isnt hot, then I dont knwo what is????? Please explain...

In your post you say if they can keep up with demand, but then you say the ps3 isnt selling. That contradicts itself. Please explain that as well.

Wii&Ps3 said:
I guess if almost doubling mocrosoft at launch isnt hot, then I dont knwo what is????? Please explain...

In your post you say if they can keep up with demand, but then you say the ps3 isnt selling. That contradicts itself. Please explain that as well.
Ok. They COULDN'T keep up with demand, and now PS3's are just sitting on shelves at stores. I did contradict myself, thank you for pointing that out. I should've said, "If sony had been able to keep up with demand."

Wii&Ps3 said:

^ he literally makes me embarassed for having a ps3.

Wii&Ps3 said:

ever heard of invintory

asdfnick said:
ever heard of invintory

nope, i cant say ive heard of invintory

Sony knows how many they sold to stores. They dont know how many the stores have sold. Nobody can keep track of what every single store in the world sells. Thats why nextgenwars is not accurate.

Last edited:
i don't think that number is reliable... i heard that the Wii already sold more than 4 mil.....

vgchart.com ??i donno if that is the site.... but it is someting like that...

I don't understand what is so hard about this.

Sony SHIPPED a million PS3s...this does not equal sales numbers.

This is often used in the music industry to make it appear that an album is selling well. For example, Whitney Houston's label proudly declared her last album went platinum shortly after its release, despite the fact that "going platinum" only means that a million units have been shipped to record stores. Actual album sales were dismal.

There's really no argument here about the PS3's moderate success in the United States. Wii has SOLD millions units...PS3 has SHIPPED ONE million units.

Understand?

New news: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070108-8574.html

Last edited:
El Jefe said:
dude, this is a ps3 section, how about you get your head out of your wii and go post it at a wii section since its comparing it to the wii and is obviously showing how the ps3 "suxors" or whatever you want to say, why not 360 as well? 360 sold just as well as ps3 and wii this holiday season

p.s. that ps3 on shelves isnt everywhere, people just arent willing to pay the price up front and its not like its America-Wide, there are no ps3s anywhere in my city so it just depends on them sony kids and where they live

Back