Continuing lack of decent games?

marbles443

WiiChat Member
Feb 24, 2007
Having bought my Wii just before christmas, and enjoying wii sports, red steel and twilight princess, I have found myself just literally waiting for something else to come to play. I completed Red Steel and TP a month or so back and it looks like I'll have to wait for another month for anything decent to appear. the big games seem to all be slated for June or December; and the current ones are hardly likely (or even able to be) modified for online play.

Does anyone suspect that nintendo brought the console out too soon? We have TP, which although great, is a jazzed up gamecube game, and Red Steel which was obviously rushed out, and they're the only really difining consoles for the game.

This is admittedly the first console i've bought since the sega master system 2, having been a long time PC-only games player, and I bought it because it seemed fun; but the lack of online play is proving a real problem; most of my mates live a while away and it's not always easy to get all of us in one place to play split screen....

This is the exact reason I am waiting to summer time to get my Wii there will be enough games to play without having to go through a dry spell.

just be glad you have a wii to stare at. there are many who still haven't got one. give it time, games which are more than just decent will be released soon enough as developers get the hang of the new console.

There are plenty of virtual console games to fill the time, ocarina of time for example, however I do share the sentiment that there is a wii dry spell now. Actually I wouldn't say dry, as this month in the uk we got excite truck, and in a few days the sonic game, but the shelves are hardly bursting at the game stores.

Ok kid, i think it's your lack of your "PC gaming" skillz.

This is admittedly the first console i've bought since the sega master system 2, having been a long time PC-only games player, and I bought it because it seemed fun; but the lack of online play is proving a real problem; most of my mates live a while away and it's not always easy to get all of us in one place to play split screen....
Ok, if this is your first console and you've been a long time PC-only player then you should know that games take time to make and should be patient. If you didn't have patience, I don't know how you would survive as a PC-Only gamer. Look at Spore, I have been waiting on this game for several years now and finally there are some screenshots. Look at HL2, how long did they extend the release date? And what about Duke Nukem Forever? The "when it's done" release date for D3? HL2:EP2 extended release date? System Shock III (now unofficially Bioshock)?I understand that it's frustrating but if you've been a "long time PC-Only games player", you should already understand. I don't see how you can call yourself a "Long time PC-Only games player".

The Wii is not a PC, it's a console. It's basically a complete new system and games don't just appear out of nowhere. It takes time to make these games. Consoles don't have the extensive library of games that the PC has. For now, you should probably look at GC games while you wait for the new upcoming titles, it's only a few months away from other great titles.

btw, I was a hardcore PC gamer until i got the 360, PS3 and Wii in the last few months. (still 90% PC gamer though)

Last edited:
i was thinking this, look at the ds its been out a fair while now and still that has shitty games no real good 1's apart from supr mario and mayby the pokemon dimand for the online play battle.

i just reali hope the wii online service aint gonna be crap, I would like to be as easy as the xbox. i think if it goes like the ds with seperate friends codes for games then i think it will suck. I onli bought the wii for the Online play, but if it fails to satisfy me then looks like i'll be playin with the insides of the wii

Wii sux right now just like the PS3 does, wait a year and there will be a somewhat good amount of good games.

UKResist what are you smoking saying the ds still has just shitty games minus super mario and maybe pokemon diamond for the online. i can think of a ton of great games let me name a few. Castlevaina dawn of sarrows and portrait of ruin. meteos, advanced wars ds, yoshis island 2, animal crossing wild world, and mario kart ds. thats just to name a few. maybe you need to go back and checks the games out.

COLDshiver said:
System Shock II (now unofficially Bioshock)?

I usually don't like to ***** but my old school gamers heart just burst in the flame on this misinformation. First of all if System Shock II is still in development what the hell I have been playing all these years with the name of System Shock II =). Allso game that you mean is officially Bioshock it has some game creators that where allso making System Shock II but due licensing issues they cannot make System Shock III so Bioshock is not System Shock though it's made to be legacy and similar mood of two exelent System Shock games.

if u think Wii has a lack of games, buy a PS3 and see what you think..

I completley agree that there are not so manny great games for the wii right now. Also the Nintendo needs to get some solid release dates for their games. The dates of release for Mario galaxy, Super smash bros. brawl and Mario party 8 have changed so many times.

The Wii has the same amount of good games as 360

Back