Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Continuing lack of decent games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by marbles443, Feb 28, 2007.

1. marbles443

marbles443 WiiChat Member

Having bought my Wii just before christmas, and enjoying wii sports, red steel and twilight princess, I have found myself just literally waiting for something else to come to play. I completed Red Steel and TP a month or so back and it looks like I'll have to wait for another month for anything decent to appear. the big games seem to all be slated for June or December; and the current ones are hardly likely (or even able to be) modified for online play.

Does anyone suspect that nintendo brought the console out too soon? We have TP, which although great, is a jazzed up gamecube game, and Red Steel which was obviously rushed out, and they're the only really difining consoles for the game.

This is admittedly the first console i've bought since the sega master system 2, having been a long time PC-only games player, and I bought it because it seemed fun; but the lack of online play is proving a real problem; most of my mates live a while away and it's not always easy to get all of us in one place to play split screen....

2. blogman54

blogman54 Wiifan54

This is the exact reason I am waiting to summer time to get my Wii there will be enough games to play without having to go through a dry spell.

3. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

just be glad you have a wii to stare at. there are many who still haven't got one. give it time, games which are more than just decent will be released soon enough as developers get the hang of the new console.

4. Flagel

Flagel Soul of highest Calibur

Wii Friend Code: 4883-9225-1818-3903
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    There are plenty of virtual console games to fill the time, ocarina of time for example, however I do share the sentiment that there is a wii dry spell now. Actually I wouldn't say dry, as this month in the uk we got excite truck, and in a few days the sonic game, but the shelves are hardly bursting at the game stores.

5. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Ok kid, i think it's your lack of your "PC gaming" skillz.

Ok, if this is your first console and you've been a long time PC-only player then you should know that games take time to make and should be patient. If you didn't have patience, I don't know how you would survive as a PC-Only gamer. Look at Spore, I have been waiting on this game for several years now and finally there are some screenshots. Look at HL2, how long did they extend the release date? And what about Duke Nukem Forever? The "when it's done" release date for D3? HL2:EP2 extended release date? System Shock III (now unofficially Bioshock)?I understand that it's frustrating but if you've been a "long time PC-Only games player", you should already understand. I don't see how you can call yourself a "Long time PC-Only games player".

The Wii is not a PC, it's a console. It's basically a complete new system and games don't just appear out of nowhere. It takes time to make these games. Consoles don't have the extensive library of games that the PC has. For now, you should probably look at GC games while you wait for the new upcoming titles, it's only a few months away from other great titles.

btw, I was a hardcore PC gamer until i got the 360, PS3 and Wii in the last few months. (still 90% PC gamer though)

#5 COLDshiver, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  6. WeToYou

WeToYou WiiChat Member

PS3 has one classic, Xbox 360 have a couple, Wii has 1. It takes time.

7. UKResist

UKResist Gabba 4 Life

i was thinking this, look at the ds its been out a fair while now and still that has shitty games no real good 1's apart from supr mario and mayby the pokemon dimand for the online play battle.

i just reali hope the wii online service aint gonna be crap, I would like to be as easy as the xbox. i think if it goes like the ds with seperate friends codes for games then i think it will suck. I onli bought the wii for the Online play, but if it fails to satisfy me then looks like i'll be playin with the insides of the wii

8. pooh bear

pooh bear The Cooler

It's a new system. It always takes a bit to release a good selection of decent games.

9. En4Neo

En4Neo Jet-Set-Jesse

Wii sux right now just like the PS3 does, wait a year and there will be a somewhat good amount of good games.

10. Belmont

Belmont WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8288-8038-4521-3885
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    UKResist what are you smoking saying the ds still has just shitty games minus super mario and maybe pokemon diamond for the online. i can think of a ton of great games let me name a few. Castlevaina dawn of sarrows and portrait of ruin. meteos, advanced wars ds, yoshis island 2, animal crossing wild world, and mario kart ds. thats just to name a few. maybe you need to go back and checks the games out.

11. Ancestor

Ancestor WiiChat Member

I usually don't like to ***** but my old school gamers heart just burst in the flame on this misinformation. First of all if System Shock II is still in development what the hell I have been playing all these years with the name of System Shock II =). Allso game that you mean is officially Bioshock it has some game creators that where allso making System Shock II but due licensing issues they cannot make System Shock III so Bioshock is not System Shock though it's made to be legacy and similar mood of two exelent System Shock games.

12. Digitalldj

Digitalldj G'd up from the feet up

Wii Friend Code: 4877-3781-9603-3455
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    if u think Wii has a lack of games, buy a PS3 and see what you think..

13. slurba

slurba WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3890-0148-4172-8586
    3890-0148-4172-8586

#13 slurba, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  14. Ferg

Ferg from, Ferg

I completley agree that there are not so manny great games for the wii right now. Also the Nintendo needs to get some solid release dates for their games. The dates of release for Mario galaxy, Super smash bros. brawl and Mario party 8 have changed so many times.

15. WiiZero

WiiZero Game Wiizard

Wii Friend Code: 5435-9829-5121-8955
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    The Wii has the same amount of good games as 360

16. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

excite truck and sonic, both medicore games...

whyd it take so long for excite to get over to you guys? hype build up?

17. RedProdigy

RedProdigy NOD fanatic

lol Sovieto, I think many would beg to differ. Anyway, a gaming drought after launch ALMOST ALWAYS happens. This isn't the first time. The DS's first year was almost total **** and yet it's now selling like crazy. Just be patient and find other games to occupy your (if you're a RTS fan there's Supreme Commander and, in the future, Command and Conquer 3 to entertain you.

Since this is your first console in quite some time, I suggest that you buy some Gamecube games. Try Super Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime, and/or Resident Evil 4 first and then go from there. GC games shouldn't be too expensive so you can buy a bunch for cheap.

18. miiplaywii

miiplaywii WiiChat Member

You sound pretty desperate and I don't think you have to be that desperate to buy good games like Sonic or SSX. Then by the time you beat thoughs you can buy Blazing Angels, Medal of Honor, Mortal Kombat, Heatseekers. Yeah, they're no LoZTP but not much is.

I bought a gamecube only a couple years ago so I'm used to having an amazing selection of games available for cheap.

19. JerrodDRagon

JerrodDRagon Wii New and Reviews

Wii Friend Code: 8369-4137-0402-8056
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    There's
    1) Wario Ware
    2) Sonic
    3) SSx Blur

And Prince of Persia, Moral combat, Paper Mario and Dragon Quest are coming out in the next 3 months. Then comes Summer were there will be Metriod, Mario Party, Mario Strikers, Pokemon, Battletanks, and Fire Emblem.

Also coming out this year are No more Hero's, Mario, Super Smash and Wii Music. Plus other games that may be better than excepted. The Wii has one good game a month while the PS3/360 only see good games every 3 months so be happy.

20. Raij

Raij Wiivern

PS3 has a classic?!?! You mean it's not an ugly black dust-covered lump in the corner of my living room any more?