Contoller Connection

Kingston

Mohh2 Name: TheHater
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
While I am playing my wii, every 5 minutes or so it loses it's connection to the controller,but only for a split second, which I wouldn't have a problem with, except whenever that happens, My character is stuck moving in the direction it was moving when I lost the connection. I have to keep reconnecting over and over again.:mad5:
Please Help:yesnod:

it might be that your wii remote battery is low
or that you are to far away from the sensor bar. i cant think of any other reason
:yesnod:

try taking out the batteries and then putting them back in (or replacing them) or unplug your wii. but like iggy said it will most likely be the batteries or that your too far...oh and i also heard that like sunlight or other lights can effect it so try closing your blinds n stuff

I have tried getting rid of the batteries and it also still happens when I play at night... I'm usually about 8-10 Feet from the Tv....:confused: :cryin:

Make sure nothing is obstructing the view of the sensor bar, I had a similar thing happen when the bar was tilted way back on top of the tv.

Also, playing near infrared heat sources is a bad idea. Mine acted up one night when my setup was on the other side of the wall of the clothes dryer. It says this in the Wii manual. Check the back of the manual for troubleshooting.

It's nothing to do with IR. That has no effect on the wireless connection.

Either you need to change the batteries, there is something interfering with the connection, or the Wii/Wiimote is broken. [STRIKE]Large metal objects can sometimes affect wireless, if you've put the console in a big steel cabinet then it might be that.[/STRIKE]

EDIT: Scratch that last thought. Would apply to a Wi-fi connection but I just remembered the Wii/Wiimote are Bluetooth. I have no idea.

Last edited:
Back