Control not really control....

jaytrust

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2007
Is it just me or is the wii control not as responsive as some of us hoped for.
Just playing Twilight Princess I swing the sword one way and it just swings the direction it chooses to somewhat at random. I really wish future sword games are more responsive and better at determining which way you are swinging and what not...

Anyway besides that I have to admit its alot of fun playing with the new controls I especially like the nunchuke which I though I would hate...

Anyways any comments or whatever please feel free to write would like to see what others think... On a 1-10 scales i would give the controls a 7.5 how bout you

Try Wii sports baseball, the bat is 1 to 1. Also i've heard excitetruck is very sensitive

That Wii sports - Baseball i find odd.

If im in a game, and i swing poorly, im normaly out, if i swing with an uppercut the ball will go up in the air hopefully getting me a single/double/triple/HR...
So it seems to be kinda good in that sense that it decides were you are.

However if your in the "home run derby" portion of the training, you can sit down, and just flick your wrist in the right time, and you get the HR...

As for Excite truck, it is verry sensitive i find, however when you get used to it, the game is a blast! I remember my first game, it was impossible. so so hard, but as i get used to it, i love the game, so much fun.
I give Excite Truck a 8.5 for controls, verry easy to learn and fun.

i beleive you were expecting freehand swordplay, which is not what Zelda is about, it just take the motion sensed action in the wiimote as the attack command

Well I only have tried it on Call of Duty 3 which makes playing with it annoying.. and in Zelda I love the nuchuk part of the control and although I've only been playing about 2hrs game time I just don't worry to much about which way I swing the control any more to attack I just swing and its not to big of a problem but maybe the more I play with it the better I will get with it...
Ill get back with an update in the future :)

Ocdon the guy above me who posted I THINK YOU are right... makes sense now which doesn't ruin the game lol actually am having alot of fun just slashing like crazy and doing the spin attack

Last edited:
We've all heard it before but the fact remains that Zelda was designed for GameCube and the controls are digital (except aiming) and can be replaced with a push button.

Although, long before the Wii came out I thought it would be more sensitive in a way. I thought that there would be a centre position in the air and you could strafe a character by moving the controller slightly to the left or right and move without an anolog stick.

Back