controler add ons

I see what you're saying. Yeah and if they made a special contoller (like for guitar hero) it would have to be bluetooth and recognizeable to the Wii, which would cost more for gamers. So ok, yeah I agree.

-KB said:
sorry i didnt eloberate like i wanted to. not many third partie hardware companies like madkatz, will want to mess with the whole wiimote thing.

and controllers would cost alot of money to individual game developers, so i highly doubt many games will have "special" controllers.

While they may not want to deal with building a new wiimote from the ground up, I can definitly see them adding attachments; simple ones that could, for example, wrap around the wiimote to make it more comfortable to hold since it doesn't look very ergonomic when holding it horizontally.

Does anyone think 3rd party developers will develop attachments for the nunchuk, or build a new nunchuk unit from scratch?

Dav_4550 said:
I see what you're saying. Yeah and if they made a special contoller (like for guitar hero) it would have to be bluetooth and recognizeable to the Wii, which would cost more for gamers. So ok, yeah I agree.
That's why i think nintendo might get into making shells for the basic controller instead of new controllers all together!

I thought the idea of the controller was to be universal. To make a whole new way of playing games and to make all games easily playable from a new and unique interface. All of you guys keep trying to think of add ons that will turn the wiimote back into some sort of familiar controller ie steering wheel, joy stick, standard controller. It shouldnt need these things, and if it does then why make it in the first place. I think the wiimote should be able to handle on its own. I think third parties (including madcatz) will at least develop shells and attachments, but possibly even wiimotes - it is there job after all - and of course we could end up seeing some really cool stuff from logitech and others of the sort - but they will likely just stick with Sony. And as for ergonomics - it may not look comfortable but im sure it fits nicely - anybody remember the dreamcast controller - first picture of that and I thought it would horribly uncomfortable but it fits in the hand better than any other Ive ever held. Just trust that the wiimote will work on its own and be comfortable - Nintendo are not idiots

I like the thick one cause it looks like its easier to hold but the second one looks sleeker..cooler. But i havent touched either so i cant say.

they will probably make another "shell" for a steering wheel where you slide in the wiimote into a slot like the zapper, then it should be cheap since there is really not the much additional wiring needed, just a couple of buttons on the 10:00 and 2:00 parts of the wheel for gas and brake. as for the camera there are 2 usb ports, chances are a decent 640x480 webcam can be hooked to one of those ports, mic will probably be added via a headset, sword probably not since the wiimote is really able to handle that without a special sword hilt but you never know.

Back