Controller "A" Button Sticking

2ZeBeach

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Medford, MA
Hey, I was wondering if there was any way to remedy sticky buttons? The "A" button on my remote is sticking....i guess thats what i get for having weekly drunken Wii Sports parties at college. I'm adventurous enough to dismantle it if that'll help? The remote is usable the way it is, its just a bit of a pain.

get hot soapy water, use tooth brush to get in the cracks, let air dry for a day or so. Am I the only one who actually reads the pamphlets put out by ninty?

OK, here's what it says off of the official Nintendo Website. I have done these steps now to my mote and i'll let you guys know of the results.

Buttons are sticky

# Try cleaning the buttons of the Wii Remote using the cleaning instructions below, being sure to follow the directions carefully.

What you will need:
* 1 clean toothbrush (no toothpaste on it)
* 1 cup of warm tap water
* 1 paper towel

Instructions:
1. Remove the batteries from the Wii Remote.
2. Get a clean toothbrush (no toothpaste) and a cup of warm tap water (not too hot). Do NOT pour or submerge the Wii Remote in any type of liquid.
3. Slightly dip the toothbrush in the water (the toothbrush should not be dripping wet) and scrub the area of the Wii Remote around the buttons.
4. Work the bristles down around the sides of the buttons.
5. After cleaning the Wii Remote, dry it off with a paper towel.
6. Let the Wii Remote air dry with the buttons facing down for at least a couple of hours.
7. Test the Wii Remote for proper response.
8. Repeat the steps if necessary.

Is that not what I said?

Why ask us if you go to the official site anyway?

Im not as pissy as my post sounds btw.

Brawny said:
Is that not what I said?

Why ask us if you go to the official site anyway?

Im not as pissy as my post sounds btw.

I didn't think of going to the official site until you guys said there was an official Nintendo remedy for this problem. It didn't even cross my mind that Nintendo would suggest remedies for sticky buttons. I thought I would have a better shot at people offering "home-brew" remedies. I would think that Nintendo wouldn't want people to have any type of liquid anywhere near the remotes.

Back