Controller issues playing Gamecube Games

ninjai07

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2007
I just bought Tales of Symphonia to play on the Wii and got a classic controller to attach to the wireless one. Everytime I try to play the remote automatically turns itself off?? I thought the system was supposed to be compatible with Gamecube games ... am I doing something wrong? :mad2:

you need a gamecube controller and a gamecube memory card to play gc titles no the wii. the classic controller is completely different. it is used for virtual console games and some wii games. read up on something next time b4 you just go for it. remember, the internet it your friend

-Stranger-

um.....to play gamecube games, you MUST have a gamecube controller, attached to the slots on the top.

Most people would recommend a WAVEBIRD.

I see you're new, so welcome.
Hopefully you're a fast learner, otherwise, you're screwed on this forum. :lol: :thumbsup: ^.^

Here's a link you should find useful google

Last edited:
DOH! Back to the store I go to get a couple GC controllers and a memory card ... sheesh.

Thanks!

I also got Mario Kart Double Dash on eBay ... I assume I am going to need the old school controllers and memory card for those too?

Go into the "site feedback" section. Read all the stickies. It will definitely help guard you against this extremely abrasive forum :lol:

Back