convince me about the awesome-ness that is SSBB

• Thread starter The_Loose_Cannon
  • Start date
T

The_Loose_Cannon

and no im NOT talking about you tyler (ssbb_lover) :lol:

seriously ive been reading most of the posts here because im trying to delete spam and irrelevent content in these threads. instead i find myself reading about the game instead? :confused:

someone tell me about this game because ive never played ANY of them for the gamecube or whatever system this was previously on before. i know little or nothing about this so i want a "n00b" edition if you will.

convince me about how i need this game because right now? i might just be the only one on this site he wont have it :sick:

Well form what I remember(Only had the n64 version as a kid)
It was a really good game but ill let someone else explain

wii_cammy said:
Well form what I remember(Only had the n64 version as a kid)
It was a really good game but ill let someone else explain

yeah thats not going to convince me at all.

i dont wanan hear "omgz its awesomeness and shtuff!" no not what im looking for. i want an example of what makes this game so phenominal that i have to reserve it and get it

Mr. person said:
look at the website u will see awesomeness

show me the website since ive never seen it. also where are trailers? id assume i can find them on youtube about now right? ive only seen them on those IGN press release type videos. i wasnt impressed

ssb,ssbm,ssbb are all fighting games with lots of nintendo characters like bowser,yoshi,pikachu,and kirby and you have lots of attacks, B button attacks are specal to each character like pikachu with thunderbolt and bowser with flamethrower and then theirs A button attacks these are punches and kicks but if you smash attack with the a button they get stronger.stages, there are alot of stages like brinstar depths,yoshis island,pokemon stadiam,and hyrule castle.items, there are lots of items to like pokeballs,bob-ombs,lightsaber,and warp star but the pokeball is cool win you throw it a random pokemon will come out there is about 30 pokemon that can apear in a pokeball.and then theres 1 player like classic or adventure my favorite is adventure and theres lots of stages like mushroom kindum where you get to jump on koopas and break blocks and theres classic were you gust fight.then trophies you can colect these when you pick them up on 1 player

Last edited:
bw! said:
ssb,ssbm,ssbb are all fighting games with lots of nintendo characters like bowser,yoshi,pikachu,and kirby and you have lots of attacks, B button attacks are specal to each character like pikachu with thunderbolt and bowser with flamethrower and then theirs A button attacks these are punches and kicks but if you smash attack with the a button they get stronger.stages, there are alot of stages like brinstar depths,yoshis island,pokemon stadiam,and hyrule castle.items, there are lots of items to like pokeballs,bob-ombs,lightsaber,and warp star but the pokeball is cool win you throw it a random pokemon will come out there is about 30 pokemon that can apear in a pokeball.and then theres 1 player like classic or adventure my favorite is adventure and theres lots of stages like mushroom kindum where you get to jump on koopas and break blocks and theres classic were you gust fight.then trophies you when these by picking them up on 1 player

that was an awesome way of putting it, nothing i could have said to make it better, that is bascally SSB,SSBM

Oh god where should I start... Well I don't have a wii, so I'm not looking forward to it since I wouldn't be able to play it anyways but

N64 Super Smash Bros:
Clearly a terrific game in my opinion. All sorts of characters, and fun to play with 3 other people. The design of this game was good too as it was just utter mayhem. If it wasn't one guy that blasted you off the other screen, then it's the other guy. That's all I can remember unfortunately.

Gamecube Super Smash Bros:
Even better, the number of characters increased opening up new play styles [along with graphics you could say]. If you didn't have any friends to play with you, there's a lot of things to do in one player mode [example target practice, those missions where you battle under a stipulation, etc.]

Now with an upgrade into the wii, ssbb will own so much. People have made a living just owning at supeOh god where should I start... Well I don't have a wii, so I'm not looking forward to it since I wouldn't be able to play it anyways but

N64 Super Smash Bros:
Clearly a terrific game in my opinion. All sorts of characters, and fun to play with 3 other people. The design of this game was good too as it was just utter mayhem. If it wasn't one guy that blasted you off the other screen, then it's the other guy. That's all I can remember unfortunately.

Gamecube Super Smash Bros:
Even better, the number of characters increased opening up new play styles [along with graphics you could say]. If you didn't have any friends to play with you, there's a lot of things to do in one player mode [example target practice, those missions where you battle under a stipulation, etc.]

Now with an upgrade into the wii, ssbb will own so much. People have made a living owning at super smash bros melee. Even better graphics at the looks of it, I can only assume its going to be non-stop action 24/7. Meh =D

@Syntax - There will be more than 15 playable charecters, more like 35-45 from what i'm hearing.

@Jill - It's an incredable 3D fighting masterpeice. True glory lies in this franchise with it's great graphics, wide veriety of charecters, superb gaming modes, huge list of things to unlock (chars., stages, trophies, etc.)
Get ssbm for you're Wii if you have time. You wont be dissapointed.

the game is great. The reason people are awaiting brawl is because of how much fun melee and n64 versions were. You get to play as your favorite nintendo character and beat the crap out of someone you hate. and its not like most fighting games. most fighting games have the health bar at the top and you use combos to get the other person to die. in this there are many ways to play as they added the new melee styles. the point of the game is to knock people out of the arena and show them who's the best nintendo character. Though it matters who's playing. every character is diffrent. and it doesnt matter ''whos the fastest character'' because for me i play as one of the slowest and i still kick ass. which makes this game great. it doesnt matter how fast your character is or powerful. it makes it so that no one picks the same person to duel with. everyone has an equal chance to win.

Tails McCloud~ said:
@Syntax - There will be more than 15 playable charecters, more like 35-45 from what i'm hearing.

@Jill - It's an incredable 3D fighting masterpeice. True glory lies in this franchise with it's great graphics, wide veriety of charecters, superb gaming modes, huge list of things to unlock (chars., stages, trophies, etc.)
Get ssbm for you're Wii if you have time. You wont be dissapointed.

it's not 3d, it's 2.5

That's why I said over 15+ characters to choose from. :)

35-45 characters.. wow.. The most I thought there would be was around 30 characters.

Back