Convince me to get Assassin’s Creed on PS3! Over 360 version.

Cloudkill

WiiChat Member
Sep 7, 2006
Essex
Wii Online Code
4237-4713-8774-6257
Hi

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 and I want to get Assassin’s creed here’s the thing though witch version do I get?

Give me some good non fanboy reasons to get the PS3 version of the game.

Cheers!

Cloud

Assassin's Creed for PS3 and 360 are not releases yet (November 13 US) so I'd wait to see which console will have a higher rating and an overall better review for the game since the both look very similar.

Last edited:
What FR. Said, im not sure if the games will even have any different content? graphics will probably be the same though since d evelopers dont like using the PS3 to its full potential

SensesFail said:
What FR. Said, im not sure if the games will even have any different content? graphics will probably be the same though since d evelopers dont like using the PS3 to its full potential

cant believe you just said that. lol Its not that developers do not like to use a system to its full potential, rather they need time to learn how to use its full potential. The same thing happened with the N64 as well as the PSX, PS2, GameCube..ect

Also the PS3 version will have better lighting and contrast within the game, giving it a more natural and cinematic look, something the 360 misses out on, however the 360 has AA.

Finally, I do not really support anyone getting this game at all to be frank. The idea of playing the role of an Islamic Assassin (the terrorist of the times) whose goal is to kill 9 Christian leaders and their allies... is a bit in bad taste and I do not believe in coincidences with this game relating to current events.

Shiftfallout said:
cant believe you just said that. lol Its not that developers do not like to use a system to its full potential, rather they need time to learn how to use its full potential. The same thing happened with the N64 as well as the PSX, PS2, GameCube..ect

Also the PS3 version will have better lighting and contrast within the game, giving it a more natural and cinematic look, something the 360 misses out on, however the 360 has AA.

Finally, I do not really support anyone getting this game at all to be frank. The idea of playing the role of an Islamic Assassin (the terrorist of the times) whose goal is to kill 9 Christian leaders and their allies... is a bit in bad taste and I do not believe in coincidences with this game relating to current events.

Ooooh, sounds fun! :)

hehe, the genuis behind this game and future trilogy is infact a girl dun dun dunn.

Ill see what my mate says about it before i consider it, it seems a lil too repetitive to me

No thanks I don't give a **** just know you won't be happy either way

Shiftfallout said:

This will likely become the status quo for much of the 360 v. PS3 development in the short term.

The CELL is incredibly powerful, and I can see the lighting, fluid dynamics, particle effects, etc., being handled concurrently with the 7 SPU's resulting in better/more complex visuals.

It'll be interesting to see how the more traditional RSX architecture in the PS3 works out vs. the UA design of the 360 (ATI). The big perk right now with the 360 GPU (architecture aside) is the "free" FSAA (though I'd trade sustained high framerates for it).

~DT

Last edited:
The PS3 version, under a microscope, has slightly sharper graphics (very unnoticable), and has slightly better lighting. This will make it look more natural.

The 360 has a better control setup and runs at 2 or 3 frames more than the PS3 version.

It really doesnt matter which one you decide to get.

get the ps3 version because if you get the game for the 360 version and it gets three red lights the first day you get it, then you will regret it.

Back