Cooking Mama follow-up heading for Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Majesco have today announced their plans to release a new Wii title: Cooking Mama: Cook Off early next year.

Here's some more information taken from their press release:

Making special use of the Wii Remote, Cooking Mama: Cook Off is an entertaining blend of mashing, slicing, chopping and stirring as players create more than 300 real-world recipes from 10 different nations. New realistic graphics and real-time cooking effects lend authenticity to player creations and help budding chefs determine when food is overcooked. Best of all, Cooking Mama: Cook Off offers 2-player kitchen competitions to determine who can cook the best meal the fastest.

that sounds really cool. It would appeal to alot of moms who like to make homemade meals.

Yowza. Yeah, my mom might actually play this!

And maybe I could learn how to cook..

Maybe.

Good stuff, it is.

>.> One, doesn't seem like it would be a good game. Seems like a good mini-game-like thingy or something. xP But it doesn't seem like it'd be something fun enough to base a whole game on.
And two, you guys are kinda being sexist, saying your mothers will love to play this game. >.>

Last edited:
Cooking Mama is not a worth buying game... I really don't see it really rockin' on me...

Kumoriken said:
And you guys are kinda being sexist, saying your mothers will love to play this game. >.>
I beleive the word is stereotypical... I'd buy it, I really wanna learn how to cook, especially if it will be Wii-fun... And youd probly think "mother would like this" cuz it has the word MAMA in the title...

and why did you start off by saying "One"???

Last edited:
Kumoriken said:
>.> And you guys are kinda being sexist, saying your mothers will love to play this game. >.>

Actually my mom loves to cook so im not being sexist by saying she will like this game.

ocdan said:
I beleive the word is stereotypical... I'd buy it, I really wanna learn how to cook, especially if it will be Wii-fun... And youd probly think "mother would like this" cuz it has the word MAMA in the title...

and why did you start off by saying "One"???
Because I hate your face. =D Read it again, bud. I edited it. 'Twas a mistake, 'cause I forgot to but "two."

Kumoriken said:
Because I hate your face. =D Read it again, bud. I edited it. 'Twas a mistake, 'cause I forgot to but "two."
still doesnt change the fact that you cant tell the difference between sexist and stereotypical now does it?

ocdan said:
still doesnt change the fact that you cant tell the difference between sexist and stereotypical now does it?
And it still doesn't change the fact that a mother isn't a stereotype. It goes with the assumption that women like to cook. =D Nor does it change the fack that you're a ****in' ass. ^_^

ocdan said:

You're an idiot. If you're making gender stereotypes, that's being sexist. Also, Nobody who cooks family meals everyday is gunna want to play a cooking game. Seems it may be more suitable for students who eat microwave meals everyday.

maxkhoward said:
You're an idiot. If you're making gender stereotypes, that's being sexist. Also, Nobody who cooks family meals everyday is gunna want to play a cooking game. Seems it may be more suitable for students who eat microwave meals everyday.
I'm glad someone's not a total moron here. =D
You, my friend, are among the smartest here. But, no offense, by the look of it, that's not saying much. >.< But I'm sure you're pretty smart! xD

maxkhoward said:
so then what is sterotyping then??? Say I claim the asian kid down the street can do a rubix cube in a matter of seconds because he's asian or the polish kid is a dumbass in general cuz he's polish isnt stereotyping, its racist?
lemme sum it down via dictionary.com:

ster·e·o·type (str--tp, stîr-) n.
1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.

3. Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.

sex?ism? [sek-siz-uhm] –noun
1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.

Back