cooling fan solves rrod issue?

samXcor3

the best kid!
Oct 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
3732-3369-2853-4491
if i buy a 360 and a nyko intercooler will that guaruntee prevention of the red ring of death?

wtf! ugh. looks like i may be going ps3 for a second system....
(eventually!!)

Apparently the newer batch have "solved" the RRoD problem... but it always turns out something's faulty. My friend's about to get his 6th 360...

RadNad said:
Apparently the newer batch have "solved" the RRoD problem... but it always turns out something's faulty. My friend's about to get his 6th 360...

After 6 xboxs i woild stop geting a xbox . I would also stop giving ms money .

I can't remember exactly what he said, but 2 of them stopped working, another 1 started getting black marks in a certain area of the console and he thought it might be over heating and the others had the RRoD. He returned them for repairs to Micro$oft, so I don't think he payed much. Plus, he likes the online and games for the XBox 360.

probably the best thing to get for cooling down your 360 is just buying a normal revolving fan and pointing it towards your 360 to get the air flowing

lol, actually the nyko first gen intercoolers supposedly caused the red ring even faster by leeching power off the 360 and frying it.

nothing wrong with a ps3 as a second console, it's a good console.. love mine

my 360 however, red ringed the second day i had it. lol, still love it though.

The new 360s have a lower probability for the RROD, but not by much (no sources, pure speculation from the interweb). A few hardware-savvy folk I know said there's an inherent hardware design flaw with the 360. Redesigning it would make the 360 too expensive.

no buying extra fans doesnt solve anything..... the only thing you can do is send it back if it goes wrong..... but if you got it recently apparently the newest batch is ok.. i have had mine since may with no problems so you never know :lol:

samXcor3 said:
if i buy a 360 and a nyko intercooler will that guaruntee prevention of the red ring of death?
NOES!

All it does is delay the RRoD and make it less likely.

when did you buy your 360? because you may not need to worry so much. starting after october-ish i believe(surely after halo was released), 360s have been made with new heatsinks, the same heatsinks they put into your system to repair the RRoD so i am guessing they are doing the job of releasing heat/running cooler because my xbox came back from repair and is quieter and noticibly running ALOT cooler. check your manufactured date on the back of your console near serial number.

heres a pic of the new gpu heatsink
DSC03168.JPG

do NOT buy any cooling fans/stand, they will just drain more power which puts more stress on the mobo and ofcourse more heat. it doesnt do anything but make things worse, not to mention it could melt onto your console, ive melted games in my 360 from keeping it on for a few hrs downloading

Last edited:
So if you get it repaired in/around october then you probably wont get the red ring of death?

Last edited:
Back