Copying Wii Games (Not VC Games)

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
There are mod chips out already that can do numerous things but can people yet truly backup their Wii Games or has society not figured out how to read the discs yet?

Society? lolz

You can read the discs, it's not rocket science. The Wii reads discs backwards. All you need to do is reverse the motor on a dvd reader and there you go.

Mmmm I was told you can't reverse the reading mechanism or if you do something wrong occurs.

TexasDudeUSA said:
Mmmm I was told you can't reverse the reading mechanism or if you do something wrong occurs.

not the reading mechanism, the motor itself. i'm assuming it would operate just like a normal dc motor, if you switch the leads going to each terminal, it should spin in the opposite direction. if the wii reads discs backwards, it makes sense you should be able to do such a thing... in fact, I'm going to dig up an old cdrom drive and see if that's something easily done. I'll post whether or not it works.

The ISOs for almost all of the current Wii games are available on torrent sites. I'm not sure whether they work, but they were created with the intention of helping mod-chip makers to test burnt copies, and to find work-arounds for copy protection.

Wiitendo, I do care. I would like to create backups for my Wii games so my originals do not get destroyed in-transit to someone's house. I have all my old games that are on CD on back-ups with the originals in a nice safe spot.

Hopefully someone will have success with this and post how to do it. It would be cool to have a library of flawless Wii games.

I hate mod chips. For region restricted GC games I'll just use a freeloader for 20 bucks

dont wii updates knock out modchips, thats what i heard, that some wiinja chips dont work anymore because of the latest update

Nic Car Bel said:
dont wii updates knock out modchips, thats what i heard, that some wiinja chips dont work anymore because of the latest update

Yes, it is very easy for Nintendo to figure out how to block a modchip and then release an update. Who knows, they may turn your Wii into a white brick. .. that would suck.

Back