Could Saturn or Dreamcast on VC?

allstars

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
north west england
Wii Online Code
3643-6755-4955-1570
Heard a rumor that the Sega Saturn (could) come to the Virtual Console on the Wii,im not sure if you could make the games compact enough to go on the wii Vc though, but if they did im sure you cold then get the backlog of great Dreamcast games on it aswell !!

Saturn games could appear on VC, but apparently they're notoriously hard to emulate. Sadly Dreamcast games are unlikely (some of them would take up too much space in the console's memory).

Napalmbrain said:
Saturn games could appear on VC, but apparently they're notoriously hard to emulate. Sadly Dreamcast games are unlikely (some of them would take up too much space in the console's memory).

Tell me about it
Thats why mines still set up

But this question has been coverd before in this part of the forum

Dreamcasts Samba De Amigos, should be brought to the wii i reckon,even though its not possible,im sure someone will eventually shoe horn segas games into the wii,i say give the people what they want:thumbsup:

Genisis/mega drive
Any Sonics
Some other games that my momory fails me on due to lack of sleep

I really doubt it for any system involving CDs. If Nintendo was considering it you'd think we'd have a Sega Saturn shop already, I mean more people in the US and maybe other western countries have played the Saturn more than the Turbographix.

But hey, you can get Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, and Crazy Taxi for the GC that'll work on the Wii.

Last edited:
Some of the best Saturn games are far too large to port onto the Wii. Example: D. A great game. What Nintendo should do is reprint the CD formats and put them on the shelves at $5-$10 to play in the Wii. It is clear one of the big 3 game systems will eventually have Saturn on it.

Maybe with the rumours of an external HD they could possibly fit larger games onto the wii.

If you didn't already know, the Dreamcast's graphics and processing speeds are extremely close to those of the Gamecube, so I doubt we see Dreamcast games on there any time soon. That'd be like putting the Genesis on before the SNES. The Saturn is a small possibility, seeing as it's games are relatively close to the size of N64 games, but the N64 was a major console for Nintendo, and it'd practically be a crime to leave it out of the virtual console. I don't see any new consoles that produce 3D graphics coming to our Wii Shop Channel any time soon.

Flagel said:
Maybe with the rumours of an external HD they could possibly fit larger games onto the wii.

Sorry for the double post, put my copy+paste to clipboard feature isn't working on this browser...

It has been pretty much confirmed that the Wii will be compatible with standard flash drives and flash memory cards, enabling us to expand the console's memory capacity greatly. Now that you mention it, larger games are a great possibility...

Hey, they could even sell games on specific sized flash memory drives, almost like an E-Reader concept...

doesnt the nintendo ds come with a memory booster for the opera internet cart? im sure that gba slot on the ds can boost the ds memory,..SO im sure the Wii can boost its memory somehow,SD or USB,dosent the microsofts vista boost its memory through usb flash drives?? call me wrong but nintendo have invested alot of money thinking of the future,more than whats invested into the american education,maybee...hey call mee stupid:yikes:
yeah edit....what about N64 with boost memory after release??

My god the Wii owns... said:
If you didn't already know, the Dreamcast's graphics and processing speeds are extremely close to those of the Gamecube, so I doubt we see Dreamcast games on there any time soon. That'd be like putting the Genesis on before the SNES. The Saturn is a small possibility, seeing as it's games are relatively close to the size of N64 games, but the N64 was a major console for Nintendo, and it'd practically be a crime to leave it out of the virtual console. I don't see any new consoles that produce 3D graphics coming to our Wii Shop Channel any time soon.
The 64 is 3d graphics?

Back