Could SSBB go 8 controllers?..

Vedelkin10

Henshin A Go Go Baby!
May 31, 2007
I was just thinking a little bit but, As you know the gc controller is combatible with SSBB and so is the Wii controller.. So what if you could have all 4 slots of GC controllers and 4 slots of Wii controlers.. I highly doubt that they will have 8 people playing SSBB at one time, But it sounds like it's possible..

dang good thinking i never thought of that but to be honest i think the wii itself is only possible for 4 player but im not sure on that lol i guess we will have to wait and see =)

Plus plug in 4 gc controllers then use the wiimotes! Then connect classic controllers and share the two and its 12 Player:lol:

XDi could image 3 people each sitting in a couch against 3 other groups... that are using the 3 controllers.. (GC,CLASSIC,WIIMOTE) o-o.. you would basically need a huge tv lol,

Vedelkin10 said:
I was just thinking a little bit but, As you know the gc controller is combatible with SSBB and so is the Wii controller.. So what if you could have all 4 slots of GC controllers and 4 slots of Wii controlers.. I highly doubt that they will have 8 people playing SSBB at one time, But it sounds like it's possible..
did the demo have 8 controllers?

No, I don't think Nintendo would make it that difficult for us to see their characters. I've got a feeling they atleast tried some sort of 6-8 player functionality before ultimately deciding it was far too complicated and went with the logical four, but I don't think we will ever hear anything about 8 player.

nic7 said:
No, I don't think Nintendo would make it that difficult for us to see their characters. I've got a feeling they atleast tried some sort of 6-8 player functionality before ultimately deciding it was far too complicated and went with the logical four, but I don't think we will ever hear anything about 8 player.
yea your right it would be too much chaos 4 players is the most logical

MySims said:
nah... 8 players on the screen at once would be overwhelming. even 6 would be hard.

but 12 players would be chaotic, and remembered for eternity.:lol:

No way. They'll want to preserve the framerate, so they'll not use any more than 4.

Yes, but it isn't nearly as graphically needy as SSBB. keeping a solid framerate for a game like that is pie.

Back