Could SSBB go 8 controllers?..

The only way 8 players would work without total chaos would be when playing on a big level that could handle more than 4 people such as New Pork City

alek317 said:
wow thats a great idea but i can't see it happening
it would be a great idea if they could execute it well but its very risky so i doubt they would

BlekBlek51 said:
If they do decide to put 8 people at once, they would probably make it so you would have to use 2 wiis and 2 tv's.

Like online play

What's the difference between having one tv with 8 players on it or having two tvs with 8 players on it. And simply adding 4 more selecters in the game rather than just the typical 4 wouldn't be that difficult. The other real trouble is the controllers. I mean, in what situation will you find 4 solid wiimote players, and 4 solid gc remote players. Only in that perfect situation would 8 players on one wii be possible. So what were getting at is the fact that 4 players on an offline game is reasonable but if an online game had 8 players that would be a lot more likely.

I thought of this idea before all of you and posted it in my predictions thread which is still active...and the only way I see it happeneing is in tournaments, just imagine not having to exchange controllers to play your next opponent, now that would truly be great..but the 8 player isn't promising anymore.

Back