Could the Wii be capable of having good graphics?

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
i think so. im not exactly the smartest, most informed person when it comes to the inner workings of video game consoles but i cant tell you the number of times ive heard or read "this game looks like PS2 graphics" and well, lets face it ps2 graphics arent that great... BUT there was one game that came out for PS2 that made me feel almost like i was playing a 360

im talking about BLACK. the graphics of this game are stunning and absolutely beautiful considering its a playstation 2 game. heres a few screen shots but they dont quite do it justice.

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/files/upload/xero_black1.jpg
http://www.ztgamedomain.com/images/screenshots/ps2/black/25.jpg
http://cache.kotaku.com/gaming/blackscreen2.jpg

the lighting and details (especially on the gun) and the way each shell ejects from the gun different than the last makes this game visually pleasing. so if the wii graphics are "so much like the PS2" why cant there be a few games made like BLACK?

EDIT: id also like to add that i realize the wii graphics arent bad but when a PS2 game looks this good it makes me wonder about the wiis potential.

Last edited:
Everybody knows that when a new generation console comes out it always takes a while for the game developers to make a game that really max out's what the system is capable of doing. Right now the Wii is still in its very early stages. Wait a year or two for better graphics games to develope.

cimbom said:
Everybody knows that when a new generation console comes out it always takes a while for the game developers to make a game that really max out's what the system is capable of doing. Right now the Wii is still in its very early stages. Wait a year or two for better graphics games to develope.

Id say exactly the same thing about the Ps3, think what that will be like when were already seeing graphically amazing games like Motor Storm, next few years are something to look forward too.

you guys bring up a very good point. lets hope its true! if not, the graphics arent the main point of wii anyways lol ill still love it

Yeah, graphics matter very little to me. As long as they're not super chunky and pixelated, they're good enough for me. But good graphics never hurt, so it might be nice to see some polished up Wii graphics. :cool:

Just look a Twlilight Princess, it's a Gamecube game polished up a little for the Wii. I think the graphics look amazing when compared to my PS2 with FFX and FXII loaded. Just think how the next exclusive Wii Zelda title would look. It's obvious the Wii can't compare to the XBox 360 and PS3 when it comes to textures, sharpness and resolution. But that doesn't mean the Wii can't produce games that look as good as XBox 360 and PS3 games. I mean the Wii is capable of doing advanced lighting, texture fill rates and physics, just all in low res (jaggies could be hidden with advanced motion blurring).

Bottom line is the Wii graphics surpass all those of last gen gaming systems, and if developers put a more effort in a graphical stand point of view into their games, (which I think they'll start doing now due unexpected high sales) they could make Wii games look amazing. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for the Wii...

Last edited:
I wasnt too impressed with COD3 graphics. Conisidering enemies would shoot you through walls and when your shooting at enemies far away in buildings, theres really no enemy there, just gun shots that are stuck on a wall.

I gotta agree with myface. Zelda is a good example of the potential the Wii has, it's just that not many games take advantage of it. I'm not necessarily disappointed with the graphics as I sorta knew what they were gonna be like when I decided to buy it.

what about the wii revolution

the graphics are meant to be better here

but currently
just look at spiderman3 or ford gt on the wii

the bloody cars and buildings look like boxes,

so they may have to spend a lot more money and time but we will al be pleased

so supera fighter or ghost recon or halo incorporating the wii remote e.t.c...
maybe £50, £40 but worth it on a HD tv compat.

I think the best graphics I've seen on the Wii thus far were in Medal of Honor. They were much better than COD in my opinion. I too believe that the Wii's potental has not come close to being realized. It may take some time, but I can wait.

Back