Could the Wii be capable of having good graphics?

I've always wndered this. Wouldn't it be amazing if nintendo turned around and said "By the way did we forget to mention that wii has the graphic capababilities of the ps3¬!!

You just need to give it some time and they will get better. They won't ever get close to the PS3 or 360 but hopefully a game will come out that surpasses last generation consoles. Everybody says that Zelda is a good example of the graphics, but it is a GC game that was just ported over, so it still has GC graphics.

paintba||er said:
You just need to give it some time and they will get better. They won't ever get close to the PS3 or 360 but hopefully a game will come out that surpasses last generation consoles. Everybody says that Zelda is a good example of the graphics, but it is a GC game that was just ported over, so it still has GC graphics.

well zelda is not the best example because like you said its a GC game but resident evil 4 on GC was one the best games ever made graphically speaking that is.. so like ya said we just need to wait...

Vail said:
they look good to me like on zelda... wii sports though suck lol
They had a long time to create the game and all they come up with is block men, it's sad realy.

Wiisdom-Warrior said:
They had a long time to create the game and all they come up with is block men, it's sad realy.

wow your actually complaining about wii sports! it's a game that comes with the system, i didn't expect much when i first got my wii.

SSBB looks pretty decent, I think because we've had so many port games coming out for the Wii we probably haven't really seen what Nintendo can bring, rather just other designers who haven't put the time in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo sends a firmware update in the future that updates the ATI videocard drivers and makes the Wii 720p High-Definition...

It could happen, maybe Nintendo is holding back right now untill the competition gets tuff then they're gonna launch a counter attack.

Did you know this about your Wii remote?:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/28451-chatting-games-wii-wiimote-says-yes.html

I know I didn't until now...

Nemix said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo sends a firmware update in the future that updates the ATI videocard drivers and makes the Wii 720p High-Definition...

It could happen, maybe Nintendo is holding back right now untill the competition gets tuff then they're gonna launch a counter attack.

Did you know this about your Wii remote?:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/28451-chatting-games-wii-wiimote-says-yes.html

I know I didn't until now...
Sorry but thats not going to happen.

paintba||er said:

Sorry but thats not going to happen.

Didn't say it's gonna happen, I said I wouldn't be surprised...

I have no hopes whatsoever but I guess if it does happen you should run yourself into a tree or something... :lol:

Graphics in games have historically always been a long time in coming good...but you can tell right now that Wii has something up it's sleeve with the lighting effect, especially in SSX and the fire and particle effects in Godfather and LoZTP and the trailer for Mario Galaxy, for me, looks something alone the right lines of the standard for Wii.

Let's hope that we are not stuck with GC graphics for that much longer than we are now - I don't have a game with great texture effects for example - and also has anyone noticed the internet channel is still a bit blurry?

Back