Could the Wii be capable of having good graphics?

Nintendo is contemplating, or is releasing a Wii with dvd playback. Maybe it will come with hd. But the Wii could definitely have hd from just a firmware update.

wat u gotta bare in mind
is that
the game say is yellow being cheap
then you ad the wiimote capabilities e.t.c... motion sensoring
it turns orange or red

so far it's just a blank screen
now you ad a good title and game plot
light blue
the you improve the graphics and game play
dark blue or purple

then you try to improve the compatability
e.g wifi or HD enhancings so the pixels don't show up rough

so by now we r in the dark purple and
brown area

that jsut my way of saying nintendo like to stick to what they know which seems to be mario and animie type productions,

they can create good graphical games like zelda, but still don't quite seem to be able to incorporate halo, or ghost recon or dead rising or PS3/xbox360 type gAmes

NOTE:

IT'S VERY HARD TO CREATE CLASS GAMES THAT INCLDE ALL NEEDED TO BE BROWN FOR INSTANCE AND THEN TO MAKE THE GAME WORTHY OF BEING BLACK ON MY COLOUR CHART IS WHEN YOU START TO LEAN TOWARDS NEEDING THE POWER OF A PS3 BUT WITH NINTENDO SPECIAL CAPABILITIES THAT INVOLVE THE USER MORE IN THE GAME.

HAVING FUN OR BASHING BUTTONS
LESSER GRAPHICS BUT MORE CAPABLE
BETTER GRAPHICS BUT TO SUM EXTENT RATHER DULL SITTING IN THE SAME PLACE HAMMERING BUTTONS

HMMMMMMMMMMM.
dilema

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :yikes: :shocked: :shocked: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The SSBB graphics have me optimistic about the graphics capabilities of the Wii. Some of those screen shots look really sweet :drool:

If the developer knows what it is doing. If you can make a great game with nice graphics for the Wii, then you have a skill. If you can't do it then you suck at making game even if you made a game like Halo. Metroid has passable Graphics, Brawl and Galaxy Graphics are fricken amazing.

Remember that great game, named Resident Evil 4?? That game was released for the GameCube and it had great graphics, and the Wii has more graphical power/capacity than GC...
Brawl, Galaxy, and Corruption are some examples of what the Wii will get in the future, in when it comes to graphics...

Yea, WE shouldnt doubt the wiis graphics just yet, besides its just the beginning and the wii is winning with gameplay instead of graphics!!!

(Maybe, Nintendo Executives and the President and Creator were right about what they are doing now, maybe gameplay can tropple over graphics!)

Isn't one thing that is holding the wii back from have great graphics is a hard drive. So if rumors are true and sometime in the near future an external hard drive is released then wouldnt the graphics be optimized. With more space to hold game shouldnt be able to get better game and graphics?

hound9812 said:
Isn't one thing that is holding the wii back from have great graphics is a hard drive. So if rumors are true and sometime in the near future an external hard drive is released then wouldnt the graphics be optimized. With more space to hold game shouldnt be able to get better game and graphics?
No, HDDs have absolutely nothing to do with graphics. The games aren't stored on the Wii, so I'm not sure what your saying about more space.

Eagles said:
The SSBB graphics have me optimistic about the graphics capabilities of the Wii. Some of those screen shots look really sweet :drool:
QFT!

Eagles said:
Not impressive if you think about whats happening. Its essentially a giant picture for a background, a big simple polygon that you walk on and 4 animated characters on screen. Very little processing compared to a real game.

Edit: Can someone give me a link to a high quality screenshot of SSBB? No mockups please

Last edited:
Projection said:
SSBB looks pretty decent, I think because we've had so many port games coming out for the Wii we probably haven't really seen what Nintendo can bring, rather just other designers who haven't put the time in.

Yea, like i said before, in an article, it was said the developers were not being serious with nintendo games, meaning not putting any effort, and the developers said that they are going start putting effort to the wii games, after how much success the wii has had!!:smilewinkgrin:

Yeah - Wii is only 7 months old commercially and has definately got a lot more to give, in terms of both gameplay and graphics but if you look at GC games such as RE4 or even SSX3 / OnTour - all decent graphics and at a good framerate but later to the party!!

Wii is currently bugged with things which shouldn't be apparent on a next gen console - such as slow down (SSX), draw distance pop-up (Godfather) and just plain awful graphics (Redsteel to some extent at least), this should be getting ironed out now that Wii is making money hand over fist!!

If you take titles such as NFS Carbon or Godfather, then you also get to see the Wii's ability to play pretty clear, real-time FMV, sure it's not 'dvd' quality but it does give an insight into what else the machine can do, even at these early stages.

What I would love to see, would be a demo channel with just purely tech demos - graphics, sound, animation and control ideas etc - instead of the god awful marketing tool that is 'Everybody Votes' :mad2: - devs and homebrewers could get something out there and generate a bit more buzz for future projects and let the world know what can be done. Gain some feedback on ideas and generally mess around and also have a showcase, for such wares, similar to the PC.

I agree with you Rolex to an extent but I just think the Wii needs to have a bit more variety, things like 'Everybody Votes' is cool but like you said pure tech demos would give the Wii a much needed balance.

Without a doubt Projection - there is certainly room for everybody votes but with Nintendo not releasing any real solid information regarding what's next and when...frustration may ensue!

Back