Countdown From A Million

Hard drive failure of where the forum's data is all stored completely erased the forums. Ye olde Admin-who-is-no-more didn't back up the forum's files since around March '08, causing about a year's worth of posts, accounts, threads, etc. to be lost. Any said data that was created past the last back-up date was lost. My original account was deleted in fact, so even though my join date is '09, it's really June '08.

The Countdown thread was really active back when I joined in '08, so we definitely lost a few thousand or two posts, if not more...

Arrgggghhh. I have fury at the Wiichat Apocolypse for dumping THOUSANDS of posts. We were at like... 989,000!

'Least the damage is nearly undone... ... ...

Last edited:

I can assure ya that we are. Unlike those years ago, we've got multiple admins now; all of 'em competent. Wouldn't be so eager 'bout wastin' my time as a mod otherwise. :p

... Not that banhammers ain't fun to swing 'round regardless of the head honcho's competency. :D

If your "banhammer" were to materialize in real life, would it look and act more like Thor's hammer... or more like the plastic fisher-price ones that make a squeeky sound when you BAM em???

Back