Courney love treatens/Activision responds.

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Courtney Love up in arms about Kurt Cobain's inclusion in Guitar Hero 5

I can't honestly say for certain if the inclusion of his likeness in Guitar Hero 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii) caused Kurt Cobain to turn over in his grave. One thing's sure though: Courtney Love is pissed to high hell because of it.

Love recently posted the following Tweets regarding her thoughts on Kurt being a playable character in Guitar Hero 5, threatening to take legal action against publisher Activision. Oh, and FYI, these were copied verbatim. The errors were there when I saw them. Honest!

now theyre just LIQUIDATING kurt and IM THE DEVIL? I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GUITAR HERO I LOATHE IT AND FIND IT ODIOUS KURT WOULD HAVE TOO

For the record this Guitar Hero **** is breach of contract on a Bullys part and there will be a proper addressing of this and retraction.

WE are going to sue the sh*t out of ACtivision we being the Trust the Estate the LLC the various LLCs Cobain Enterprises.

You can read more at Love's Twitter page. I don't find the idea of a digitized Kurt (Johnny Cash too) camping it up and singing along to whatever the most godawful song in GH5 is to my liking, but these tweeted outbursts are... somewhat fun to read. Provided you don't get headaches easily.

Activision has yet to say anything official about the issue.

here the link http://wii.qj.net/Courtney-Love-up-in-arms-about-Kurt-Cobain-s-inclusion-in-Guitar-Hero-5/pg/49/aid/134423

'
Activation responds
'
Courtney Love's Twitter tirade against Activision, Guitar Hero 5, Dave Grohl (oh she hates Dave alright), and whoever else has pissed her off seems to have died down a bit. In the interim, Activision has sent out a statement saying that contrary to her recent claims, Love did indeed give them permission to use Kurt Cobain as a playable avatar in Guitar Hero 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii).

Says Activision, they got a signed agreement from the former Mrs. Cobain to use the Nirvana frontman's likeness in the game:

Guitar Hero secured the necessary licensing rights from the Cobain estate in a written agreement signed by Courtney Love to use Kurt Cobain’s likeness as a fully playable character in Guitar Hero 5.

Love, on the other hand, said earlier via Twitter that she did no such thing. Or she did, but she was literally forced at gunpoint. I can't tell which. This Rolling Stone article, however, says that Love even had a hand in the process of digitizing Kurt, going as far as picking out the hairstyle and wardrobe that would be used for the avatar.

Now I'm inclined to think that there are two possibilities here. One, the Twitter account is fake and somebody's just messing around. Two is, well, she probably just forgot. Or something. That Rick James line comes to mind.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Activision-responds-to-Courtney-Love-s-lawsuit-threats/pg/49/aid/134432

She was probably one of the reasons he blew his head off.

There I said it

shes so stupid shes the one who licences the use of kurt cobain and then she says she loathes guitar hero?

Back