cover system

24gh12

WiiChat Member
Apr 13, 2011
ok i know this isn't really liked in golden eye

but i really miss the qunatom cover i loved that system

golden eye's sucks all that happens is whenever you go into hiding behind a crate a shotgun blast usually gets a head shot on you

yes im ranting that quantom had a better way to stay alive

Some 'obstacles' are indeed mostly pointless.
Where you get shot even whilst crouched.

Don't hide behind crate.
Shotgun blast coming for you.
You like my Haiku?

what im saying is im behind a metal crate fully hidden and some dude can blast me in my head with a ****ing shotgun

on archives i sit behind the 2 story blocks and i sit behind the big 1's dude camping mi6 spawn comes over to where you can see uhm fires and gets a headshot

Yep. The lesson here is simple, don't camp son. Keep moving.

Says in your sig you don't camp anyway, so whats the problem? You shouldn't be hiding in Archives anyway, it's designed for CQC run & gun. Campers just kill the flow of this map and any good player only falls for it once. The next time they come around, indeed, a well deserved shotgun blast or nade is coming your way.

Yep. The lesson here is simple, don't camp son. Keep moving.

Says in your sig you don't camp anyway, so whats the problem? You shouldn't be hiding in Archives anyway, it's designed for CQC run & gun. Campers just kill the flow of this map and any good player only falls for it once. The next time they come around, indeed, a well deserved shotgun blast or nade is coming your way.

im not camping im sitting there waiting for the camp dudes to stop firing there G launchers because a 56 has joined

im not camping im sitting there waiting for the camp dudes to stop firing there G launchers because a 56 has joined

So youre just using cover... Well here's my opinion, this game seems to have been designed to minimize camping and sniping for the most part. Which is good and bad... Good because camping just doesnt really work, bad because you get shot in the head whilst taking cover to reload or heal...

You are realising that what youre doing isnt working, but youre not adapting tactics. My advice dont do it... Try something different. At the very least, rather than sitting waiting to get shot in the head or blown to bits run the F out there and try to atleast get a kill. You might still die but at least it will be reciprocal.

i use mast mostly these days better to kill the guys camping in sniper spots

seems like unless you have 1-2 shotgun sniper or g launchers now turn the tide

but as i left for a year more people use guns instead of shotgun sniper

what im saying is im behind a metal crate fully hidden and some dude can blast me in my head with a ****ing shotgun

Cover in Red Dead is the same way at certain points. In a select few maps, cover you stand behind can be shot straight through even though bullet penetration isn't a part of the game, meaning you're going to get headshot even if you're not visible on the opponent's screen.

The only way to avoid the (lack of) bullet hit detection in these areas of cover is to move away from the edge of said cover, meaning you can't shoot from behind it. Meaning it's ****ing pointless to take cover...

... It makes me wonder if classic shooters like Perfect Dark and Goldeneye 64 had these same problems, but nobody was enough of a competitive whore to figure 'em out...

... It makes me wonder if classic shooters like Perfect Dark and Goldeneye 64 had these same problems, but nobody was enough of a competitive whore to figure 'em out...

Back in the day, my friends and I played the crap out of those two games. I don't remember there being a "porous cover" issue, but, it's been a long time and my hippocampus has been pushed beyond capacity over the years between school and career. I guess it's time to dust off the ol' N64 and bring it into the lab for some research.

Back in the day, my friends and I played the crap out of those two games. I don't remember there being a "porous cover" issue, but, it's been a long time and my hippocampus has been pushed beyond capacity over the years between school and career. I guess it's time to dust off the ol' N64 and bring it into the lab for some research.

would that be the genuine 64 or the 360 remake

Back