Crackling sound?

bhound89

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
When I play Wii Sports, there is a crackling sound over the normal background music and dialogue. It is especially noticeable during the "Number of Players" screen, and when the announcer says the score of a game, etc. The problem is either smaller or nonexistent on Wii Play. I called Nintendo and they are sending me a new Wii Sports disk. Hopefully that is the problem, but tonight I listened closely to the TV when I was on the Wii Menu and I heard some low occasional crackles. I have tried 2 TVs.

Has anyone had this problem?

Last edited:
No... Apparently, This Hasn't Been Experienced On Wiichat As Far As I've Read.

if is not the disk, check the cables of the wii, look for a bent or hole in the cable....

It's just a day old...
I ordered the Composite cable since I probably would end up buying it anyway. Perhaps that is the problem

are you running threw a rf adapter, for tvs that dont have the av plugs(red white yellow) in there tv

i had this problem too and it was that box, just switch it to the higher settings

Wow, perfect timing. My friend who I convinced to get a Wii is having a similar problem. I don't know what the noise is that he is referring to but he won't shut up. lol

I am using the stock component cable, and I have noticed slight crackling at the menu screen as well.

Back