Crazy! check this out

champyon11

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
I justed called my local walmart that opens at 7 am... right now its 845 pm.. and they say the line has started already!! and there going to have 10 !!

I WANT A WII :mad:

man i wish i was older n able to go camp up there cuz i would ..

Lol, poor guy. I was in school when my Mom, just for the heck of it, stopped in a Game Stop she was passing by. She said it like she had said it a million times (which she had), "Do you have a Wii? Any games? For God's sake man, controllers?!?!" (so I exaggerated a bit :p) They had one left...

...so the moral to this story is...I got a Wii :) Or "never give up", that one always works too. :)

true.. to tell the truth i wasnt thinking bout getting a wii until it was out for like a week

I really should have pre-ordered a PS3. . .I would have been 2nd in line too at ebgames and been about $1500 richer right now (enough to afford a Wii and 360), but can't change the past.

Ya, it's just a hell of alot more expensive. >.>

The chances of finding one are getting greater and greater (depending on where you live), I live around a bunch of brand-name stores (Target, Wal-mart, Gamestop, etc.) and so I had a higher percentage of getting one.

Gamestop or Best Buy are your 2 best chances of finding one.

Gamestop because even though they get little shipments in, they get them in all day, so you never know when you might just pop in and get one (which is what happened in my case).

Best Buy because they get huge shipments in at 1 time, it's going to be the more popular area, but if you get there early you never know what might happen. :)

Good luck on your quest. :thumbsup:

if only i was old enough to drive i would be camping out for one right now.. 10 months til i can drive.. at this point im seeing my xmas wii-less... cuz i dont see myself getting one without camping ... witch i cant do!

champyon11 said:
if only i was old enough to drive i would be camping out for one right now.. 10 months til i can drive.. at this point im seeing my xmas wii-less... cuz i dont see myself getting one without camping ... witch i cant do!
witch...lol, it's which. (and don't say you were using short-hand, they're the same amount of letters >.>)

Listen, don't worry. You'll get a Wii before Christmas, don't worry about it. ;)

Thats the price you pay for not pre-ordering.

I showed up at Best Buy a week after launch at 8:00 am (2 hours before open) and was number 22 in line - they had 27. I can't believe it's been that hard for some to score one when I only had to wait 2 hours a week after launch (which was on a weekend when kids and most parents could come out).

mothershipconnection said:
I showed up at Best Buy a week after launch at 8:00 am (2 hours before open) and was number 22 in line - they had 27. I can't believe it's been that hard for some to score one when I only had to wait 2 hours a week after launch (which was on a weekend when kids and most parents could come out).
Seriously...if you put out the effort it's not that hard (depending on where you live).

The local wal mart i camped at had 29 Wiis in stock but only 20 copies of Twilight Princess. So me and my 2 other buddies went there 25 hours in advance and snagged the 3rd, 4th and 5th position in line. Good luck finding one.

I'm going to be at my local walmart around opening time (7am) and I'm hoping there won't be a line or much of a line anyway due to it being in a small city and it being a school day. Hope I'm not wrong.

Back