Crazy Encounter with Wi-fi Hackers?!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
As the thread title says, just this morning, I encountered someone who's hacking wi-fi. I've never been in a "hacked" match before, and my god was it amazing. I couldn't tell who the hacker was (99% sure it was certainly P2, who was ironically a friendly camper), but that didn't matter. Many things I heard were impossible happened on wi-fi, and only a few minutes ago.

First of all, when going to Basic Brawl, I choose my normal stage; Final Destination. I thought I'd switch things up, so I chose Falco as my character (Black costume). Two other people show up, one at a time, and once the timer's out, we Brawl.

HOWEVER, when I appeared on screen; I was Rainbow/Pink Meta Knight. Wtf? And immediatly I then noticed; everyone, including the CPU, was Meta Knight! I had a feeling this couldn't of been a coincidence. The stage was Smashville; and the music? Porky's theme. This confirmed there was a hacker amongst us.

So confused, I just camped the entire time, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Next match, was just as strange. Everyone was Warioman; yes, Wario with his Final Smash activated. Not only is the stage music being hacked, as well as our character choices, but so is our final smashes. We had all of Warioman's abilities too; fly with aerials, super fast bike, improved attacks, invincibility, etc.

Someone suicided with Side B, and became normal Wario. We ganged up on the poor bastard. :p

Aaaanyways. The next match, was on the Wi-fi waiting room... most people have encountered this hack before. Everyone was Lucas this time; I just camped this one out too, since I suck as Lucas. :p

The next match was all Meta again, with hacked music. It was on the Ice Climbers stage. Pretty boring really, but still funny.

After that was another Warioman fest; however, a Smash Ball appeared. P2 got it, and the game lagged horendously, quickly getting worse until I disconnected.

Pretty wild stuff, eh? I thought it was impossible to modify character choices over wi-fi unless both players had the code(s) on; I thought wrong.

Also, I saved all but one of the replays (I forgot to save it... ). If anyone wants proof of this bizare occurance, feel free to ask for replays.

Now then, it's time to discuss! Have you encountered any wi-fi hackers? Did similar things happen, or something completely different? Have something to say on the topic? Then get posting! :)

Last edited:
Funny, but scary stuff if it got out of hand. =/

I never had that happen to me before. I thought it would've not been possible to hack or something, since I figured I would have come across it by now. I guess I was wrong. =O

LOL @ the Warioman thing. :lol:

how about this?

i choose Ike and Bridge of Eldin. surprisingly we go there(yay:D) but the music won't play. my opponents are a Snake, a Ganon, and a Luigi. I figured kill Ganon cause he sucks. WRONG! the Ganon was a hacker. he had all of Ganon's moves but he was Sonic speed and every hit had twice as much power as the Falcon Punch. He starts KOing everybody in 2, 3 hits at most.

Next Round. I'm Toon Link and we're at FD. my opponents are Meta, Meta, and Bowser. Again, no music. the second Meta was the hacker still. His Meta had infinate jumps, a Dimensional Cape with the reach of Zelda's Up-B, and the power of Snake. Needless to say it was, once again, his victory.

this is why i hate hacks. i'm fine with Cheat Codes or Glitches, but not hacks

Hmm nope not to me yet but i have seen some videos of it happening and Lool its quite bizarre xD I want it to happen to me though.. ''Infinite WarioMan on Wi-Fi...sweet''

Mind sending me the replay of the one where the guy did a Side B suicide? This is crazy XD, I'm going to Youtube now to see if I can find any videos.

how about this?

i choose Ike and Bridge of Eldin. surprisingly we go there(yay:D) but the music won't play. my opponents are a Snake, a Ganon, and a Luigi. I figured kill Ganon cause he sucks. WRONG! the Ganon was a hacker. he had all of Ganon's moves but he was Sonic speed and every hit had twice as much power as the Falcon Punch. He starts KOing everybody in 2, 3 hits at most.

Next Round. I'm Toon Link and we're at FD. my opponents are Meta, Meta, and Bowser. Again, no music. the second Meta was the hacker still. His Meta had infinate jumps, a Dimensional Cape with the reach of Zelda's Up-B, and the power of Snake. Needless to say it was, once again, his victory.

this is why i hate hacks. i'm fine with Cheat Codes or Glitches, but not hacks

That's... fail. Sorry to hear of such douchy hackers. =/ Seems like all the hackers I find are friendly and fun to play with. I mainly only saw stage and music hacks in the past, though. This experience was my first character hacking.

Mind sending me the replay of the one where the guy did a Side B suicide? This is crazy XD, I'm going to Youtube now to see if I can find any videos.

Ofcourse, I'm pretty sure I saved that one. We havn't added eachother's Wii FC's yet, so I'll PM you about it.

Double post, big deal. Interesting news.

I just now encountered yet another hacker at around 5 AM, around the same time as the last one. Whether or not it's the same person, I don't know (they both taunt camped, but... meh). This was a very peculiar occurance though.

Unlike the last hack fight, I could choose my character. HOWEVER, the other 3 players, had the same character. In match 1 we were on target test 1, and I was Falco. Ironically, everyone else was Falco, lol. We basically just spammed our up taunt the entire match for lulz. :lol:

That's not all, though. I immediatly noticed that all the Falco's did the exact same thing, at the exact same time. Movement, taunt, attacks, all in synchronization. This means that there's some kind of hacking code that let's you bypass the wi-fi limits of one character, and control 3 at the same time. It's amazing, really.

Oh, and one match we spammed Sonic's Side Taunt. Who wants to see that replay? :p

You should get someone to put them on youtube XD.

Who said I planned to put them on youtube or anything? :p

I'd be happy to send them to you via wi-fi, though.

... Wait, I never sent them to King, did I? DX Blargh. I forgot about this once he got a working Brawl back... If you still want the replays, just ask, King.

i was about to get on when i saw this thread. preaty awsome, me and my friend tryed to use hacks on wi-fi but never got it working. probably cause i dont have homebrew or anything like it.

Back