Crystal Chronicles

I'll be getting this!
Im a huge RPG fan...but Ive never played a FF game...
this one will be my first...if not Final Fantasy X will.

Ronaldildo said:
Looks quite good. I hope its alot better than the GC one. That was very dissapointing, i could never get into it.

I had a quick look at that, it seemed pretty fun. What exactly did you think was disappointing?

celestial, ratings don't mean anything. mario games consistantly get rated great and a lot of them are sub-par. But hey...believe what you want.

edit: i almost forgot... FANBOY!

Last edited:
That you're an idiot :p

I'm definitely a fanboy.... ....... ... .

What was wrong with them then?

Last edited:
I'm not a fanboy of the series but the ones I played I liked (8 & 10) and 12 looked awesome.
WiiZero said:
Some can't even tell what the roman numeral stands for and there are like 40 spin-offs I'm not even going to try to catch up.

Well...
Wikipedia said:
As of March 2007, there are about 28 games in the franchise. This number includes installments from Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy XII, along with a few direct sequels (Final Fantasy X-2 and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII) and numerous spin-offs.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that these graphics are fantastic - especially considering there isn't even a confirmed release date meaning there's time for improvement.

I think this may set a benchmark for (at least 3rd party) Wii graphics and after it comes out 3rd party developers won't have any excuse for the horrid graphics they've been known to come out with (hello Far Cry Vengeance).

Last edited:
Alot of that vid is gameplay though which is what I found so surprising.

Where? I saw him running in a room, and then saw him blast a monster... and thats the only part that seemed like it was gameplay.

you can tell if it's gameplay graphics if it's not prefect enough to be full CGI and that's most of this trailer.
I though you meant gameplay graphics - not gameplay itself.

E7ernal said:
Also, am I the only one who thinks that these graphics are fantastic - especially considering there isn't even a confirmed release date meaning there's time for improvement.

I think this may set a benchmark for (at least 3rd party) Wii graphics and after it comes out 3rd party developers won't have any excuse for the horrid graphics they've been known to come out with (hello Far Cry Vengeance).
I agree fully, it looks fantastic!

I'm not a Final Fantasy fan and have never been excited for a release of one...but holy hell do I want this. It looks awesome, the enviroments and characters look great and are sue to have lots of depth.

I think I read you get your own ship too, which is sweet.

If you look at the gameplay it looks less like classic FF and more like a mix between Twilight Princess and Devil May Cry (with added magic powers).

E7ernal said:
you can tell if it's gameplay graphics if it's not prefect enough to be full CGI and that's most of this trailer.
I though you meant gameplay graphics - not gameplay itself.
Naw, I meant gameplay.
It looks a lot like KH. Hopefully more KH1 than KH2.

Back