Crystal Cup! >:0

Chase&Fred

Parrot Lover
Jul 30, 2007
Caught Somewhere in Time
Wii Online Code
8655-2652-5242-9777
I can not get past the crystal cup! I get all the way to the elimination finals with diddy and he always beats me! Does anyone have any hints? Heres my team btw:

Captain: WaLuigi
Sidekick1: Dry Bones
Sidekick2: Dry Bones
Sidekick3: Koopa

and no I am not willing to start over w/ a new team.

Chase&Fred said:
I can not get past the crystal cup! I get all the way to the elimination finals with diddy and he always beats me! Does anyone have any hints? Heres my team btw:

if i were you i would, because when you play diddy you play at the crystal stadium where either 1 to 3 of your players goes in active. with your line up, you dont have any good hitters that can get the ball in the net(waluigi maybe) try changing your team to some with drybones, hb, and koopa. you may get farther. i had to tweak my team when i got to diddy, and when i came back i kicked his ass

Chase&Fred said:

ya u definitely need some more passing and shooting or else u wont get very far

Your team is rubbish.

How about someone like Wario, Donkey Kong or Bowser as the captain.

Use Dry Bones once, you don't need two.

Have Shy Guy in there somewhere and use one of the Hammer Dudes.

Me and mates got right to the end (with Wario as Captain) and we couldn't do it so we started the game again with a whole new team. Have a serious think about restarting again, you might just be beating a dead horse with that team and losing all the time.

My team first was:
Yoshi

Toad
Shy Guy
Boo

But it wasn't good enough for Diddy.
So I changed Boo to Dry Bones and beat him bad.
And put toad in your team. Once you master his "jump the goalie" technique
you will be unbeatable.

Also Dry Bones was great because of his electric shot and shy guys bullet bill.

So my team kicked ***. Now I am at the striker cup and I keep losing at the last game of the knockouts. But I am gonna make it soon.

Oh and I chose Yoshi as captain because I liked him. I didn't choose DK or other powerful guys because I hate them

sorry but I recommed you to start a new team because your team is seriously unbalanced. You have no attackers nor passers. Even though you manage to pass through the crystal cup, with that team, you will never win the strikers cup.

I would advice you to change dry bones and koopa to a offense or power sidekick.

If you really dont want to change your team, then practice dekeing until you are master of it

I decided to start over with a new team. I'm already back at the crystal cup anyways. Here is my new team which so far kicks much butt:

WaLuigi
Shy Guy
Monty Mole
Toad

Chase&Fred said:
I decided to start over with a new team. I'm already back at the crystal cup anyways. Here is my new team which so far kicks much butt:

WaLuigi
Shy Guy
Monty Mole
Toad

Your new team leaves you with alot more options on offense. When you're taking Diddy on you can sometimes get a lucky break and be left with only two players each, one of which being Toad. In this case with the reduced defense he'll have you'll have a few great shots at jumping into the goal.

Also, if Toad and Monty mole are both around together, you can have Toad hook Monty up with some sweet one-timers and Goalie fakes. Wario's teleport shouldn't be overlooked, and you should absolutely keep an eye out for Redcard.
Beating anyone in Crystal Canyon is a matter of taking good advantage of weakened defense, controlling the ball and a bit of luck.

Lol. It doesn't matter what team you use... each character got their advantages and disadvantages it is how you use your team and characters... which takes a lot of practice xD

lol I played the crystal cup 7 times (and got to the finals against diddy) before beating it

ironically I beat striker cup 1st try

I got MSC yesterday and am also 'enjoying' Crystal Cup (on my 2nd try right now) :). Man MSC is tons more difficult and complex than the GC version, which is good since I got bored of the GC a little too soon.
My team setup right now for the cup:
Wario
Bones
Boo
Hammer

Argh, starting my 4th attempt now :). 1st attempt got eliminated in semis by Bowser I think, 2nd try lost 5-4 in sudden death to Peach (so close!), 3rd try lost to WaLuigi in the semis. sigh.

I tried a few vs games with some other captains (WaLuigi, Mario, etc), but Wario works well for my style.

you dont need to change your whole team just for diddy, you will when you get to the striker cup but beating diddy with your team now would be too easy. simply take your dry bones run him along the side of the arena and chip your ball forward (with z) when you get close to enough to the goal just use your fake to teleport right underneath the goalie. you can do the same thing with waluigi.

Back