Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cursor Flickering

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by ElixXxeR, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ElixXxeR

ElixXxeR WiiChat Member

I have had my Wii for about a week now and everything had been working fine until alst night. Every time I start a game (or do anything past the main Wii menu), the cursor on screen will flicker or jump to the edges of the screen with no movement on my part. The sensor bar is set up correctly and there is no sunlight from behind the TV or anything. The batteries in the Wii remote are perfect and I have had no problems with syncing. Anyone have some advice?

2. 805wiiplayer

805wiiplayer 805wiiplayer

Wii Friend Code: 4914-7398-1458-3025
    4914-7398-1458-3025
    some one had the same problem but they had christmas lights next 2 there wii.

3. Kherrek508

Kherrek508 Sleeping. Do not disturb.

Wii Friend Code: 0215-4972-1267-8022
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Move your sensor bar. I had the same problem last Sunday but I fixed it by moving the sensor bar. Remember, the Wiimote follows the light, so don't put any lights too close to the sensor bar.

4. StevenNevets

StevenNevets WiiChat Member

are you any further back? move a bit closer and try

I get some slight problems just because of the range so keep it in mind

5. ghghgh14702

ghghgh14702 Hero of Time

You may need to adjust the sensitivity, all they way up or down doesn't mean the best, you need to adjust for distance, also make sure no reflective surfaces are in front of you or rounded glass such as a cup, that will distort the signal coming from the sensor bar, goto the sensor bar adjustment screen and watch the 2 light circles, if you see a third while waving around then you have another device probably a light creating interference, if not and it just spazzes out at a certain area check where you are pointing if there are no objects to create interference than try adjusting the sensitivity up and down till it stops, I had it all the way up to see what it would do and my pointer was going crazy at any little reflection but it didn't show on the testing screen as another mark, took it down a notch and works perfect again. I am hoping there will be a patch so you can set the pointer area to match your TV in the future, like with light guns you should be able to calibrate for screen size so that not every game needs a cross-hair.

6. specialsauce

specialsauce WiiChat Member

adjust sensitivity until you see 2 solid lights.

problem solved.

7. csiguy4u

csiguy4u WiiMaster

1. Try replacing your batteries
    2. Try cleaning the IR sensor on the Wiimote. . .if it's dirty it doesn't work as good.

8. gmi109

gmi109 WiiChat Member

umm... i know i have a similar problem with it being very shaky if you are off the the side instead of standing right in front of the sensor bar. try rotating the sensor bar so that it is pointing directly at you