Cursor Hand Pointer

wiiuk

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2008
When in the main menu, it has a blue sort of ghost moving along side the pointer, sure it never was like it before, tried reseting, and checking leads, tried a scart lead, all still the same?

cheers

wiiuk said:
When in the main menu, it has a blue sort of ghost moving along side the pointer, sure it never was like it before, tried reseting, and checking leads, tried a scart lead, all still the same?

cheers
Maybe it's something they added, like a shadow.

Did you perform an update recently?

I have never updated, i have no internet on the wii, cheers

Just lay off the acid before you play the Wii.

It's probably just lag because it's heating up or something, or the signals being obstructed.

Its ok on the start up main menu, its on say sport menu, going between players 1 2 etc, and the diff games.

Thats the prob
8eiikn9.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
261311 said:
Processors work a lot harder for each degree it heats up, thus causing delay and lag.

Processors don't have to work harder the hotter they get... they get hotter WHEN they are working harder.

Heat doesn't cause delay or lag, unless it's like a laptop which throttles the cpu speed when it gets too hot (which the wii doesn't).

The ghost images the OP is seeing are perfectly fine - they appear all the time in Wii Sports when the cursor is moved quickly, I think it's just to aid you seeing where the pointer is.

They don't appear in the main wii home menu as they're not supposed to then - it's just the way it's been made!

Hope this helps,

Neil - watch my chickens!

Cheers

So it was nothing to worry about

I could not rembember seeing them when we first set it up.

Back