Cursor not Showing

scoobydoo2

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2011
Glasgow UK
Hi guys, Looking for some help :( When I switch my Wii console on the cursor doesnt show on my screen,but I can use the buttons & the up/down & left/right buttons... Any Ideas???
Thanks

Try buying another controller or another sensor bar. It could be the controller or the sensor bar.
(I recommend new controller, since not anyone can afford to buy a new sensor bar)

Gears in the Wii Remote can on rare occasions get stuck, and thus the cursor stops functioning. Give the Wii Remote a hard smack or two on your palm (not hard enough to break it or your hand, of course :p) with the bottom of the Wii Remote hitting, and you can unjam the gears 99% of the time.

If that doesn't fix your cursor problem, you could always contact a Nintendo representative directly. You can get their contact info here; I'd highly recommend calling 'em for live help.

Don't listen to these tards. SSB is like one of those lazy mechanics that doesn't even change your oil when you take your car in for service... Kira is full of it too :p Sensor bars cost about $4 at Amazon. But he lives in Japan so that's like a 500 million of his monies.

Might be you're too far away. Wii remotes work best at 3' - 10'. Or could be your batteries are drained. Also, you didn't mention if this is a recent problem. Have your Wii remotes worked well in the past?

Don't listen to these tards. SSB is like one of those lazy mechanics that doesn't even change your oil when you take your car in for service...

My feelings... they are hurt. SADFACE

What, you think that palm slap junk I said was a load of bull? :p

:p You know I was just joking right? Guess its not very funny without context.

I usually try to reserve smacking electronics as a last resort. But in some cases it does work... Who knows. I have very little knowledge in the field of gyroscopic technologies.

:p You know I was just joking right?

Of course. :lol: Otherwise you'd get a karp edit, mwahahahah.

I usually try to reserve smacking electronics as a last resort. But in some cases it does work... Who knows. I have very little knowledge in the field of gyroscopic technologies.

I got the advice from a Nintendo support representative quite a few years back when my Wiimote's cursor was broken, it definitely works. But yes, I generally don't support bludgeoning electronics as a fix either. :lol:

I got the advice from a Nintendo support representative quite a few years back when my Wiimote's cursor was broken, it definitely works. But yes, I generally don't support bludgeoning electronics as a fix either. :lol:

Was this before Motion Plus? Hard to imagine there is any [sic] gears in a regular Wii remote... However the Motion Plus does use two type of gyroscopes, but I doubt they're anything close to what I know of traditional gyroscopes. Pretty shady when tech support says, Oh just smack it, the gears are probably stuck... :smilewinkgrin: But we are talking about a company whose most famous for engineering a console which required the user to "blow in it" before every use...

Ah, that's a valid point... But I'd imagine they still use the same technology for the base of the Wii Remote's cursor tech, which is to say the bare bones stuff used in the original Wiimotes. Not that I have anything to back that up, of course. :lol:

I am disappoint. You have the entire internet at your disposal and have nothing to reference.

The Wii remote has to use infrared, like in your TV mote. :p Unexpected science time with prof. trollface. You know cameras can "see" infrared and many spectrum invisible to our eyes. Also how "night vision" works. Take a digital camera and view any remote where the LED beams out and press a button and you can see it. It would be fun to view the entire Wii system in use through a digital camera.

Haha Anyway I gotta go... Want to get some game on before I get to work cleaning up for Turkey Day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote

:p Have a great Thanks Giving!

Smacking the remote is for fixing stuck accelerometers which are used in motion detection. The on-screen cursor uses the infrared sensor on the front of the remote in combination with the sensor bar.

Back