Damn Grips

Zero77

I am the next Mindfreak
Mar 25, 2007
Who eles is pissed off at those Wiimote Grips
Its so hard to get them on and off, and having to change the batteries so often makes it worse
I should get the charger thing

sorry if theres already a thread on this

heh....haww...heh.....thats uhhh pretty good idea you got there.....umm
and idk i dont have the charger

Actually you would have to take the grips off to charge the units. Because on the nyko verson the contacts are flush with the wiimote battery cover and if you had the grip on there with a hole cut in it it would never make contact.

I got the sport grips to replace the original battery covers on the first day. I don't remember if it was hard to get the cover off, but the sport grip cover is not difficult to open at all. My sport grips are by Nyko. It has rubber cushion on it so it is easier to hold on when playing tennis or golf. The pairs are color coded so I can easily tell which is WiiMote1 without those ugly silicone skin. I bought it at CircuityCity for $6.99 but I found them at FYE for $4.99 and GameStop for $9.99.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
You could probably perform some kind of modification to extend the contacts.
same with the joytech charger, couple of bits of tinfoil soldered on should do it fine :p

If you have a AA NiMH charger, get the sport grip battery covers and half a dozen rechargeable NiMH batteries. If you don't have an AA NiMH fast charger, get one. It will still be cheaper than these WiiMote charger and you can use it for something else.

billcsho said:
I got the sport grips to replace the original battery covers on the first day. I don't remember if it was hard to get the cover off, but the sport grip cover is not difficult to open at all. My sport grips are by Nyko. It has rubber cushion on it so it is easier to hold on when playing tennis or golf. The pairs are color coded so I can easily tell which is WiiMote1 without those ugly silicone skin. I bought it at CircuityCity for $6.99 but I found them at FYE for $4.99 and GameStop for $9.99.

Yea I have the same ones. I did not want to get the full skins because of the trouble they had with the Ipods. They scratched and trapped dust and whatnot under the skins and made the Ipod's malfunction. Stay away from the full skins.

I bought a wiimote grip that has a panel that lifts up so you can change the battery. If I can track it down, I'll post a picture later.

i have the silicon gloves that go over the wiimotes....i actually love them. i only ripped one though because of my nails :( other than that they are very cheap and i dont mind buying a new one incase it does happen again.

i have no problems taking them off and changing the batteries when needed

billcsho said:
If you would have correctly synched your wii remotes, than there would be no such thing as wii remote 1 until you turn on the wii.

Curse you people that dont pay attention to the instruction manual :wink:

Back