Dance dance revolution : Hottest party

Bundled with the "dance pad".
It also used the 'mote and chuck, so you use your feet and hands to make the moves.

LoganSix said:
$69 for the bundle, comes with one pad.
I have seen 2 pad and 4 pad bundles on-line.

Could you post a few links that have the 2 and 4 pad bundles? I've been looking around and I don't seem to be able to find any. Thanks.

Wow.. that's a pretty steep price just for the second pad (54 bucks!).. I think I'll probably look around elsewhere first. But thank you for the information..

i just got the game. that music is good and the remixes a quite fresh. and here is the BIG BUT!!! i have pro pads previeouly that are universal XBOX, PS2, and gamecube... the mats DO work on all the systems i plugged them into this and they did not work at all!!! totally cheesed off i have written the company and am about the write nintendo.

The Best Buy here in our town was LATE in getting their shipment in. I found out later that we missed the truck by 10 minutes! Now I'm at work and I can't do anything about it! Oh, the agony!

Too bad about the pad, krang65--so, just out of curiousity, does the Wii pad use the GameCube ports, or what?

Yes... the pads i have are universal pads. they worked on every system before.. except ps2 slim. not enough power i think. the music is cool, but let me tell you i am definitely not coordinated enough to use hands and feet at same time plus worry about all the new pieces going on. :p

im excited about this game though ill probably just get the songs on stepmania for pc since its basically the same game and its free!

I just got done playing a little.
The Wii Pad has a game cube connection for one of the 4 connection on the top of the Wii. The only difference I guess between the Wii pad and the GC pads is the color. So, find your best deal. The Wii pad looks of good construction and has a non-slip surface on the bottom. (I'll try to get pics on later)

Now, I have only played DDR a few times at the arcade, so I am a total newbie about this.

You have 3 options :
1 ) Circuit ~ basically a way to learn how to play the game. The first dance has instructions. The instructions were helpful to me, because I try to get my feet back center.
2 ) Free Dance ~ pick a player, song, level and just go
3 ) Workout ~ pick either calories or time, song, level and go (I will be using this one the most, since it is why I bought the game)

Within each option you can play single, battle, friend, or multi. Since I have only one pad at the moment, I can only do single and battle. I guess the harder levels allow you to throw stuff at your components, but I am no where near there yet.

The music is good. 50 songs from 4 decades, so some I know (I"m 36) and others I don't. They say that they are licensed, but obviously not original artists. Which makes sense, because the songs have to be played differently for each of the difficulty.

You can turn off the booing background noise, but not the announcer. He also talks to you thru the remote. Speaking of the hand controls. This was the hardest thing for me to figure out. You shake either the chuck or the mote based on which side of a diamond the mote shaped icon is. And you have to shake it right in the center. I haven't had too much luck, but I'm also just learning.

Conclusion : I bought it for adding to my Wii Workout. The game makes me sweat and tracks calories. So, for what I bought it for, it works great. When I get more pads and have friends join along, I will determine how it works in the Wii-B-q setting.

What?
This game is out without much roar!

I must scuffle up $70!

But I also need 10 bucks for a homecoming ticket!

And I only get $50 from report card!

So, who's got $37 just lying around?

i hear you trulen, after i buy this i am completly broke, and i want to buy so much things in the near future too(ipod touch, ds, phantom hourglass)

but hopefully with ddr:hottest party, my friends will come over and hang out at my house, instead of us going out somewhere spending teh cash

I pre-ordered at amazon but they sent an email saying it won't get shipped until later this week. So I went to my local wally world and the electronics guy went in the back and came out with one. They hadn't even been checked in yet.

I have never played this before anywhere and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. They need better instruction books with all games for us older people.

I am using it like LoganSix, a workout.

Back