dance dance revolution hottest party?

WiiMadness

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
New York
is it worth the buy? i have heard mixed reactions about the game. i am a huge ddr fan and i want to make sure its worth it. so does anyone think i should buy it?

JCpackers05 said:
well if your a huge ddr fan wouldnt it be worth it anyways?...i dont own the game so i cant tell you how it is.

i mean is it worth the buy because of the way it uses the wii remote and nunchuck. i should of stated that before sorry.

Smileface said:
OMG IT SUKS DO NOT GET IT
DO YOU HEAR ME DONT!!!
Sorry
I wanted you to get that clear
it really REALLY
makes you throw up
in my opinion
but don't get it
trust me

:yikes: i'd rather not throw up......
i guess i will just pre order super smash bros brawl with my money and stick with ddr mario mix.

WiiMadness said:
is it worth the buy? i have heard mixed reactions about the game. i am a huge ddr fan and i want to make sure its worth it. so does anyone think i should buy it?

i have it and i actually like it, i think you would enjoy it cuz ur a huge ddr fan, the wiimote/nunchuck is not a requirement to play the game, u can turn it off and play it like any normal DDR. and the songs are mostly the ones you listen to on the radio and u can unlock alot of songs too but the unlocked ones are like techno and stuff. hope that helped ya

i own it and the way it untilizes the wiimote and nunchuck is pretty cool i enjoy it *coughs* i havent really played it recently but i have basically beaten the whole game on every challenge level besides expert but its a decent game but if i were you i would get guitar hero 3 unless you already have it. but to answer your question its pretty good and i enjoyed it

Many hardcore DDR fans have a hard time with the hand controls. Luckily they can be disabled. One significant mistake I see is the game can support 4 players but individual pads cannot be purchased. You have to buy third party "Gamecube" pads for the additional players.

Unfortunately PS2 pads will not work with an adapter (like for most other games).

I suggest you not buy it...
From first to second day I liked it, but now I barely even take it out.
Unless you have kids in your house, just don't buy it.
All those gimmicks and hand control, you have to disable it every time you turn the game on.
I really like rhythm games, especially pump it up, not ddr.
I do like ddr also so I thought this could be good alternative to pump it up, but guess it wasn't..
I wonder what I would do if it were pump it up, but anyways it's not worth buying.

Last edited:
im just gonna stick with the mario mix one i have and use my money to buy super smash bros brawl.

infamous85 said:
i have it and i actually like it, i think you would enjoy it cuz ur a huge ddr fan, the wiimote/nunchuck is not a requirement to play the game, u can turn it off and play it like any normal DDR. and the songs are mostly the ones you listen to on the radio and u can unlock alot of songs too but the unlocked ones are like techno and stuff. hope that helped ya

Can you please explain how to turn off the hand controls?? I have read this everywhere and I can't figure it out myself.

If someone could please explain, I know a lot of people would be much happier.

I, myself, like the game. I'm not super great at it (can't they make a salsa dancing version?) so I'm challenged and I have fun playing with my daughter. We got an extra pad at GameStop and it works just fine.

WiiMadness said:
im just gonna stick with the mario mix one i have and use my money to buy super smash bros brawl.

I can't blame you there. That's a really hard game to find. I wanted that one, but had to stick with DDR Hottest Party.

I had never played a DDR game before I got this one. I like it. I got it mostly to get some exercise. I have a feeling once Wii Fit is here, I'll sell it.

The songs selection is ... eh... O.K. Some of them are annoying versions of old 80s tunes. I wish the song selection would be a little better, more updated. That's my only complaint. Graphics are decent. Game is fun. I like how it added another dimension with the hand controls. Feels like you are doing a little more.

there aren't any timing mods or anything in the game so especially on a home pad it makes the higher difficulties for some songs almost impossible to read/play. but if you play without mods anyway then go for it i guess. it's not too bad for me aside from that. some of the songs were actually covered pretty well.

kyle

Back