Darn you xbox.

yeah I tried to hint that I wanted something more than a repaired xbox..they weren't buying it and I asked about rushing the shipment and they can only use the 3 day select and the repair itself could take anywhere from 2-4 weeks..I sounded very pissed and the guy was agreeing with me so it was hard to argue lol I bet he's through with xbox also..but when I get my repaired one, I'm always gonna be worried its gonna happen again so its gonna make me not even wanna turn it on lol it seems very unstable and I don't like that, my ps3 - fine, wii - fine, 2 xbox 360s - piece of ****

Well, methinks 3rd times the charm, Jay.

I would sue Microsoft and buy something that actually works. I don't see myself buying a 360 ever, even though it crossed my mind when Halo 3 came out. After playing Halo 2 for while, I changed my mind. No game is worth investing in a next gen system and tip toeing on red hot charcoals. Thinking in the back of your head "Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, who knows how long this thing will last me?"

Not all consoles have the RROD problem. Also I doubt you would get anywhere trying to sue Microsoft seeing as they have already set up a free return and shipping process to replace those consoles who suffer from RROD.

Actually I had a customer who did sue and won. He was on his 2nd xbox360 and it died 10 days after he received it. He asked for a refund and they offered a new system, but he sued them instead. He bought a wii.

MacabPA said:
Actually I had a customer who did sue and won. He was on his 2nd xbox360 and it died 10 days after he received it. He asked for a refund and they offered a new system, but he sued them instead. He bought a wii.
hmmm, mine died within the first hour, recovered gamertag, downloaded dirt demo, played it for 20 minutes, started to play fight night round 3 and during the first round the screen froze up and that was it, never saw a picture again. so should I call back and ask for a refund? i'd take the new system offer, i want HDMI output..

As a consumer, you should not stand for this. Ask for a refund. They will tell you no. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them this can be taken to small claims court, but tell them your going to start a class action lawsuit because your dad is some hot **** lawyer in NY and is tired of Microsoft pulling a Broke Back 360 on his ass.. This is when you decide if your really going to take it anymore. They start offering freebies, but they are **** considering how much time you've wasted on these repairs. If you really want to keep the 360. Keep hammering and after about 10-20min of bitching, demand an upgrade to an elite. You can explain over and over that you now believe the elite will not fail because of chipset/heatsink/blahblah. You make it clear that the only way your going to be happy about the situation is if they give you a cash refund, or the "better operating" elite. Good luck... and you probably won't get anywhere with the supervisor, but he'll have to report it up the ladder because you threatened to sue.

interesting..you've got some good points. I might give it a shot, but I had already called em wouldnt it be a little weird if I ask for a refund now? My status is still "Device shipped to customer" in the xbox support page

They are already in the process of sending you the third system? If thats the case, see how long this one will last. If it happens again, do what I suggested.

no they are in the process of sending me a new 'coffin', i wish it were another xbox..

lmao @ changing my thread name to "Darn" from "F_ck"

I like you're anology for the box, lol. A "coffin".

Odd. I rented a perfectly good working one. Its usually cool, no scratchy, noisy tho. I hope I'll be that lucky in buying one.

goodluck with that...whats the rental policy if the xbox breaks on you?

maybe you should rent an xbox if its killing you so much not having one. i know id probably die cause i play mine every day. if its like 30 bucks for a week it might be worth it once you really start to miss it lol.

Back