Data East Arcade Classics Coming to Wii

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
The ESRB has a new listing that ought to make retro arcade fans very happy. It appears that someone is planning on bringing a collection of classic Data East games to the Wii. The IP is mostly owned by a Japanese mobile phone company called G-Mode, so it's likely another company has licensed the content.

The listing includes a sampling of game titles, amongst them Burger Time, Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja, Secret Agent and Caveman Ninja. No word on ratings board submission for other territories, but given these games were distributed world wide there's a good chance we'll see the collection in PAL territories and Japan.

Here's the full ESRB summary for your enjoyment:

This is a collection of classic arcade games covering several genres. Games include Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja, Burger Time, Caveman Ninja, Street Slam, Secret Agent and many others. Some games involve side-scrolling fighting action against dozens of enemy thugs, ninjas, and creatures. Characters occasionally use knives, guns, throwing stars, or grenades in the 2D-style combat. A few games depict brief splashes of blood when enemies get hit; one game depicts a shark that emits red blood when it gets harpooned.

The suggestive material represents the strongest pertinent content in the game: A puzzle game called Magical Drop III depicts female characters wearing provocative outfits that expose underwear and deep cleavage. When players score points or make successful combos, the background figures cheer or move in ways that cause their breasts to jiggle.

Thanks to Tony for catching this!

heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/09/data_east_arcade_classics_coming_to_wii

Burger Time, Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja, Secret Agent and Caveman Ninja.
BREAK IT DOWN!!!
Good, okish, rubbish, okish

I hope they put Two crude dudes/Crude busters on there
Then it might be on my buy list

Wonder if Fighters History will be on there?
Or wont Capcom let them?
Magical Drop III depicts female characters wearing provocative outfits that expose underwear and deep cleavage. When players score points or make successful combos, the background figures cheer or move in ways that cause their breasts to jiggle.
Dead or Alive anyone?
Anyway the Empress was fun to look at
empresswhip.gif
md3emperess3.gif

Why did they not say that the game was a good puzzler?

Hmm, Burger Time ate more of my quarters at the arcade back in 1983-1984 then I care to admit...

Back