datel wii lan adapter problem...

bsimaster

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
well i have just purchased the adapter and guess what? poop...it just doesn't want to connect to the internet.
ok here's what i got:
1: Motorola SBV5120 SURFboard cable modem
2: Optimum Online(located on Long Island, NY)
3: Ethernet cable running from modem to adapter
4: Running WinXP PRO(on comp...(well yea i know, but i want to give as much info as possible this way ppl can help me out....))
5: Receving Error message - 51421(i went to nintendo.com and didn't really help me out)

tell me what I'm doing wrong, what i might need, if i should use a router and what else do i have to do on my computer to enable the connection.

also, don't respond with s#!t like...0oo0o get the NiNtEnDo connector blah blah blah...i already know i should have...or, something stupid that won't help me out in any way....

if theres anything else ppl need just tell me ill provide
thank you and have a happy thanks giving!

I'm having the same problem. I actually e-mailed Datel about it, but they say there's nothing wrong.

I've had the LAN adapter for ages and never had a problem until recently. I've updated my Wii twice recently (Metroid and Mario Galaxy). That's when the problem started. I'm guessing a Wii system update blocked the LAN adapter out so we'd run and buy Nintendo's official adapter.

'Course, the only way to find out if I'm right is to buy a Nintendo LAN adapter, and I'd rather NOT do that.

Last edited:
well, if you have your wii modded a bit that might be it grindie, but i dunno about the other guy. after searching the internet for hours upon hours trying to get my datel wifi dongle up and running (and still, sometimes it just wont work), i refuse to ever buy another datel product. their customer service is crap and their products that ive had suck. i had to basically learn about IP addresses and DNS servers and MAC addresses on my own to configure the damn thing.

so now what...

either of you two have any ideas or know anyone else that might be able to shead some light on this?

well today its 1st oct 2014 I hope this will resolved my 51421 error prob?
I have no problem with wireless /so why error with wired?

Back