Daves Video Reviews

Great reviews, Dave :)
I watched your video reviews and I think you're doing a great job.

I laughed so hard when, in the Joytech Sharp Shooter Review, you mentioned that you actually have to shake the nunchuck in order to reload (I don't have Red Steel). It's so stupid that they even make a gun accessory for a game that doesn't exist, instead of making it for games already out. I'm pretty sure playing with a gun accessory will be awkward if the nunchuck is attached to the wiimote (when you shake your nunchuck u lose your aim), or if the game requires you to do anything else, other than shooting, that must be done with wiimote gestures (because it looks silly to use a gun as a knife).

I also liked your mortal kombat review, but I wish you'd show more of the actual fighting with a friend, instead of the singleplayer campaign. After all, this IS a fighting game - not a great one according to most reviews - but still it would be nice to see more of the real fighting. I was actually going to buy mortal kombat, so I can play with my friends, but after I heard that so many people are annoyed by the wiimote gestures which don't work. I wish there were more fighting games for the Wii... I look forward for your Guilty Gear Accent Core review :)

Resident Evil 4 - now you're talking :D. Capcom did just great with this game, a 90 grade game for 30$ instead of 50$ is awesome (especially since the Wii is my first console so I didn't play RE4 before). I'm totally going to buy it after I finish Zelda TP (or before).

What bothers me with the Wii is that I don't have any good multiplayer games (especially fighting games that I usually play with my friends on their PS2). I wonder if you can review Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Wii. I've been playing the PS2 version of this game with my friend and I think the reviews are kinda harsh on it. We play it in cooparative mode, so we are kind of helping each other against the bad guys but also compete against one another for who wins each round. I think if we played it single player it would suck because you have no friend to compete against, and there isn't a lot of challenge in the game by itself. I think some games should be played as multiplayer (not specificly online, just multiplayer) in order to review them right.

i have to admit watching your gun reviews a second time around i picked up on a couple things on the two. from the looks of it, the joytech is almost complete garbage, and i had a question for you, have you used the brando to play re4? if so how did it perform in your opinion? and i may try out re4 now, i wasn't planning on it, but seeing actual gameplay makes me want to try it out.

blueovalboy7 said:
i have to admit watching your gun reviews a second time around i picked up on a couple things on the two. from the looks of it, the joytech is almost complete garbage, and i had a question for you, have you used the brando to play re4? if so how did it perform in your opinion? and i may try out re4 now, i wasn't planning on it, but seeing actual gameplay makes me want to try it out.

I have tried to play RE4 with the brando and it definatley does not work too well. You hold B to aim and A to fire, so youll pull the trigger to aim and hit A with the nunchuck hand to shoot. This plays very bad. Definatly try out RE4, even just rent it, i can almost garentee youll love it.

This Guy's Got Some Competition With The Angry Nintendo Nerd

Watch Some Of His Vids.

Thanks Maniac however that isnt what im going for hehe. Only my Joytech review is kinda AVGNish. However i just picked up Driver Parelell lines for the Wii and expect a review soon

Daveman said:
Thanks Maniac however that isnt what im going for hehe. Only my Joytech review is kinda AVGNish. However i just picked up Driver Parelell lines for the Wii and expect a review soon

Uhh... What? Never heard Of THAT Game... :wtf:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Uhh... What? Never heard Of THAT Game... :wtf:

Than you should enjoy the review :D

Driver huh, pretty cool I guess. The Angry Video game Nerd is awesome but I have to say the competition is far off. Dave does a good job at his reviews because he sounds really laid back and Dave is hmmmm how do you say it just an average guy(as far as I know) and its good to see a review from someone just casual..I don't know. but the Angry Video Game Nerd well how the hell is he suppose to be relaxed and laid back when is angry. and the two cover different topics from different ages. So both are great at what they do they just don't compare in my opinion.

Im enjoying all your reviews. Thanks for the time and effort. Its kinda scary how much you enjoy pulling drive-by's tho... lol

Mako said:
Im enjoying all your reviews. Thanks for the time and effort. Its kinda scary how much you enjoy pulling drive-by's tho... lol

LOL well its pretty fun, especially better than in GTAs drive by style

I enjoyed your mortal kombat review, too bad I didnt see it when I rented it at the time.
Great stuff.

Working on a Castlevania: PoR review now

Back