Days Passed Away RP preview and sign up thread

nick stop yer whinin'

The difference between a knife and a bayonet is very important, bro. Ya ain't gonna give anyone a lethal stab if ya've only got a knife on the end of your gun. Only half the blade is out past the barrel. The only way that'd be lethal is against a human and if it punctures the heart (and I ain't sure if it reaches far enough to do so, my knowledge of exact organ placement is next to none).

A pretty poor placement of knife

Its meant to fit at the guide hand grip and tear away from the weapon quickly if a knife is needed. A friend of mine at work uses this system. Its attached with Velcro rather than the usual Picitini rail system seen on modern weapon attachments.

Oh mah gawd this is like school all over again.
From an experts point of view, bayonets today are completely useless. If they weren't, I would have received bayonet training, which I have not. Nor are they even issued anymore considering they aren't used for anything outside of honor ceremony, along with outdated rifles. But that doesn't keep your character from being accepted, which it is, though I don't understand his relationship with PULSE. Is he an arms dealer for them or something? Cause in PULSE, either you're a part of them and take orders as a soldier, or you're on your own.
Hmm. Um, let's say, going by his background....would it work if he tried to improve weaponry and tech, as well as give commands? He'd be at a decent rank.

Also, I couldn't help but notice similarities between your characters back story and the origin story of the Green Goblin. Inspiration?
Coincidence. All I remember about the Green Goblin now, is that, um, he was a guy.....who....worked in a lab....and he made a mask.....that I think took control of him or something....

See, bad Spiderman memory.

I'm sure we could make it work somehow. I would say he isn't PULSE, but a supporter of PULSE, that would give you more freedom with what you want to do with the character. In any military branch of any country, the higher the rank, the less combat seen. And if he was making weapons or improving weapons for PULSE, that'd be his MOS (job) and no matter what rank he would see no action.

Sounds good to me. Although technically him supporting Pulse is only a facade, as he secretly tries to thwart their plans to rebuild America. He is on board with the anti zombie and anti BioCorp, tho. Besides that he doesn't want them accomplishing anything.

So he's just using them to deal with his personal agenda then he plans to screw them over later? Sounds interesting, great job Nick.

Thank you~!

Due to the issues with the current gun, he's only gonna use it like half the time as his weapon of choice, cause he does have access to a lot of weapons.

So why not use the one he does have all of the time?

So why not use the one he does have all of the time?
Aside from the technical issues with it, I dunno, variety is nice.

I have a deeper backstory in mind, but there's something about keeping some parts unknown that I like. Should I just post it anyway?

If its something I need to know but you want to keep a surprise for everyone else you could pm it to me

I have a deeper backstory in mind, but there's something about keeping some parts unknown that I like. Should I just post it anyway?

Findin' a balance between known and unknown backstory in an RP character is an important factor indeed. It'd be nice if we had a general synopsis of where his madness came from, but it's not like we should know all the twists 'n turns of it so that there's plenty of room for others' views of the character; both SUs and the RPers; to evolve over time. Reveal too much, and the character can be boring by the time he's done his full part. Reveal too little, and ya might have to overload information on 'em in the future, possibly makin' it a bit of a jumbled mess.

... In other words, a little moar information for us non-Bodines pl0x?

It's not really a surprise, so to speak. As in, it's not gonna just pop up and influence the current plot.

My main issue with saying it is that during the RP, I may come up with something better, you know? Ideas don't just come to people all at one time.
Findin' a balance between known and unknown backstory in an RP character is an important factor indeed. It'd be nice if we had a general synopsis of where his madness came from, but it's not like we should know all the twists 'n turns of it so that there's plenty of room for others' views of the character; both SUs and the RPers; to evolve over time. Reveal too much, and the character can be boring by the time he's done his full part. Reveal too little, and ya might have to overload information on 'em in the future, possibly makin' it a bit of a jumbled mess.

... In other words, a little moar information for us non-Bodines pl0x?
Dis is true.

Well, what I had in mind involved him being psychologically scarred early in his life due to murderous events.

Improvisation... Tricky stuff at times. Backstory is easy enough to improvise mid-way through an RP if ya think on it for awhile, but it's still wise to at least rough draft all the really important, character-defining stuff in a sense prior to the RP beginnin'.

Someone(s) brought a disturbance of order into his life through murder with the result of psychological scarring, therefore he becomes obsessed with said chaos 'n feels the compulsive need to spread it himself. Makes sense.

Back